why are my viewports so HUGE?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are my viewports so HUGE?!

I have been boxing out callouts of my wall section and when ever I place these new callouts on the sheet their viewports are massive. Even after I cropped the view there remains a giant black outline of the new view when I hover my mouse over it. This gets very annoying when I have two details next to eachother and their giant viewports are overlapping. Does anyone know how to fix it?

thanks!

Capture.JPG

Wow, I've never seen that before. When I crop my views, the viewport is the same (or close) to my crop region (which I keep turned off). Are you sure the crop view button is activated (not set to do not crop view)? Also, check the annotation crop.
    Dan

Comment

these are the settings i have checked, nothing changes whether they are checked or unchecked

Capture.JPG

Comment

and where is your crop boundary for annotation and crop view?
        Dan

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have any imported DWGS in there, would you?
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

When you activate the view, and have both crop region visible and annotation crop on, what are the annotation crop boundaries? If they are just outside your crop region, or something else logical, try making a scope box encompassing what you want to see and set it for the view to see if you still have the same issue.
            Julie Kidder
            Architect + BIM Director
            Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

There are DWGs imported into this model but most of the viewports are fine, I actually just noticed this is only occuring when I place a dependent view onto a sheet. Does anyone else haev problems with dependent views on sheets?

Comment

I would have a look at your DWG's make sure they have everything thawed, unlocked etc, base point etc. Even a WBLOCK out the stuff you want.

Comment

Try to undo that issue, as it will screw up the project for all times. If you cannot get it to be 'correct' then use Scope Boxes' to force views to be clipped more in relation to the actual BIM geometry. Elevation and Sections are always problematic under these scenarios, as the Levels may become extraordinarily long :-(

[Opinion to follow] ANYTHING AUTOCAD IN REVIT IS A BAD APPROACH (SAME FOR SKETCHUP, ETC.) [End of Opinion]
                  -J
                  http://about.me/JayZallan
                  Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JBZ View Post

[Opinion to follow] ANYTHING AUTOCAD IN REVIT IS A BAD APPROACH (SAME FOR SKETCHUP, ETC.) [End of Opinion]
                    Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it isn't also a fact. To wit, I'll bet anyone at Autodesk a fine bottle of scotch that they can't produce a single example of a situation where an imported DWG is the right answer. Fact is, that option should have been removed from the software a decade ago. Till it is, the first offense is a failure of training, the second is actionable behavior.

Gordon
                    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment