Stacked Walls - Plan Display Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacked Walls - Plan Display Control

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I want to use Stacked Walls or Basic Walls w/ Sweeps to develop my Residential Wall Library. Stacked Walls are a bit strange because they have no specific controls in the VG Settings and so I'm scratching my head on why my Stacked Walls are displaying differently then my Basic Walls in Plan View (Screen shots attached). Does anyone have experience tweaking Stacked Wall Display specifically? Thanks - Dave
    Attached Files

Check your cut plane. If it's where a water table or material change is, then it won't show the correct cut pattern. Although, your screen shot looks likes it's the same pattern.

As for which to use, I use basic walls if the thickness remains the same (2X6 wall with brick over quarry stone for instance). If the thickness changes (2x6 wall with siding over brick), then I use a stacked wall. I've never had any issues with them not displaying right in plan as far as cut patterns go.

can you post a file with the walls in them?
    Last edited by dzatto; September 25, 2013, 08:15 PM.
    Dan

Comment

Here is a small Template file with the Foundation Walls. Thank you for your time Dzatto!
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep, it's your cut plane. You have it set to 7', which is the top of the wall. It's not cutting anything, therefore, the cut pattern won't show. I lowered it to 4' and it worked as it should.
        Dan

Comment

Totally feeling noobish right now. Thanks D!

Comment

:laugh: don't mention it. I'm still a noob. Don't let the post count or rep fool you. :laugh:
            Dan

Comment

The top of my stacked wall is at 4'-4" and the wall components show up just fine if you change the cut height for the entire view. We want the cut height for the entire view to be at 6''-0", so we put in a plan region around the stacked wall and set that cut height to 2'-0". Strangely, the stacked wall still shows up like the cut height is at 6'-0" (even though the plan region is set to a 2'-0" cut height). Is there a way to make the stacked wall components appear without changing the cut height for the entire view?

EDIT: I'm still curious what your answer will be for the question above, but we've decided instead to build the walls with reveals and sweeps. That type of wall seems to work much better with plan regions.
              Last edited by camerongood210; July 11, 2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment