No announcement yet.

Adding Multiple Balusters In Railing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah pretty much. He want's the fence to be divided into 10' sections. I guess I could put a 6" on the end and put in a bunch of fence sections. I was hoping it could be created using one fence section. ACA can do it! :laugh:
    Dan

Comment

What is the total length of the fence you need to do?
      You could always insert every single baluster in the entire length
      Good luck with that though
      Check the image i posted in my previous post isn't that kinda what you want?
      Juan Carlos Moreno
      Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
      Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

OK cheat time. Two seperate railings aligned, one as your panels and one as your balusters. i won't tell anybody if you don't ! :laugh:
        Attached Files
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

I thought you were after more of square pattern, I know timber sizes aren't big enough just trying to get my head around the style.
          Attached Files
          Paul

Comment

Arghhhhh.......Dan why do you post these things in the middle of my work day, talk about a distraction.
            Ok, now its evening and I have had time to read what you are after, I was way off track before and maybe now also....
            Have a look and see if this is what you are after. As a railing you will have to stick to set panel lengths .
            To increase the length between main balusters just keep duplicating wire balusters (or delete) , select one and duplicate, Revit will add another vertical wire at a spacing of 150mm (that's the same as one of your 6 what ever you call um). For height you can work that out.
            Attached Files
            mark b
            Last edited by mark b; April 28, 2011, 01:13 PM.
            Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
              What is the total length of the fence you need to do?
              You could always insert every single baluster in the entire length
              Good luck with that though
              Check the image i posted in my previous post isn't that kinda what you want?
              Yeah, I sorta ignored that post because I don't want to add them manually. I figured if I didn't read it, then I could honestly tell the client it can't be done. :laugh:

Originally posted by cherub65 View Post
              I thought you were after more of square pattern, I know timber sizes aren't big enough just trying to get my head around the style.
              Yep, that's the pattern. Nice job!
              Originally posted by mark b View Post
              Arghhhhh.......Dan why do you post these things in the middle of my work day, talk about a distraction.
              Ok, now its evening and I have had time to read what you are after, I was way off track before and maybe now also....
              Have a look and see if this is what you are after. As a railing you will have to stick to set panel lengths .
              To increase the length between main balusters just keep duplicating wire balusters (or delete) , select one and duplicate, Revit will add another vertical wire at a spacing of 150mm (that's the same as one of your 6 what ever you call um). For height you can work that out.
              I was about to tell Alf to make it a challenge! :laugh:
              That's it exactly! Can you post a shot of the setup? I'm still on 2011 at work and can't open the file.

Of course, I talked to the client about ten minutes ago. He's changed the design a little. Now, they are 20' panel lengths with 12x12 timber columns. There won't be any vertical 2X12's at all. The fence will just tie into the timber columns. That's wayyyy easier to do. I wish he would have told me that last night. :laugh:

Oh, Mark, inches........they are called inches! Anyone can figure out metric, but really smart people know imperial. LMAO.
              Dan

Comment

Dan what you could do, is to add the (4 x 12 or whatever dimension it was, I was getting a little confused... i'm a metric man) as a corner post, then you can control the sections by splitting the sketchlines exatly where you want.
                - Peter -
                www.revitogbim.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ptranberg View Post
                  Dan what you could do, is to add the (4 x 12 or whatever dimension it was, I was getting a little confused... i'm a metric man) as a corner post, then you can control the sections by splitting the sketchlines exatly where you want.
                  I thought of that, but wanted the entire fence to be one sketch, if possible. I don't know why in hindsight. :laugh: I spent hours trying to figure it out. Time I could have used getting started on the floor plan. Hell, I've spent 2 days on the entry gate!

As it turns out, that's what I'll wind up doing tonight. Putting in some timber columns with sketch lines for the fence in between them. Sometimes I overthink stuff. :laugh: It's nice to see that it can be done, though. I'll have to remember it for next time.
                  Dan

Comment

Just add them as Balusters to the Railing as Corner posts. Then split the Railing Sketchline at each post instead of adding a column.
                    - Peter -
                    www.revitogbim.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ptranberg View Post
                      Just add them as Balusters to the Railing as Corner posts. Then split the Railing Sketchline at each post instead of adding a column.
                      That makes sense. Thanks for the tip. I may do it that way instead. And I'm assuming I can have the baluseter extend above and below the top and bottom rails? That sounds like a cleaner way to do it.
                      Dan

Comment