Slope Lines - Roofs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slope Lines - Roofs

Is there anyway to hide the lines of a roof that represent ridges and valleys? I thought going to VV and turning off interior edges would work, but it does not. I want to avoid using the linework tool to make these lines invisible.

Additionally, what does this Interior Edges category actually control?

Thanks,
    Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

You can use the linework tool I think.
    Alexandre Cantin
    "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Comment

Originally posted by alexo4141 View Post
      You can use the linework tool I think.
      I don't want to sound rude, but was that a joke?
      Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Comment

I said... You "can" use the linework tool. Going to VG does work but it will hide all your interior edges.
        Alexandre Cantin

Comment

Oh, ok. I said in my OP that I wanted to avoid the linework tool. When I go to VV and hide interior edges nothing turns off, so I wasn't sure what exactly that category controlled.
          Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Comment

Originally posted by safoulkes View Post
            Oh, ok. I said in my OP that I wanted to avoid the linework tool.
            Oups, didn't notice that :hide:
            Alexandre Cantin

Comment

If the roof is drawn as a single roof the interior edges subcategory should work, but if they are all individual single-slope roofs than that probably won't work. How are the roofs being created? I use modify subelements for a lot of my flat roofs and interior edges definitely works on them.

Comment

The roof is linked in via an architectural model, but I believe the architect modeled it with the modify sub-elements tool. I am working in Revit MEP 2013. When I just build a roof in a blank file and turn off the interior edges, none of the valley or ridge lines turn off. Not sure why. I tried it using two slope arrows and by defining a slope at the edges. I don't think I have access to the Modify Sub-elements tool in the MEP version.
                Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Comment

Out of pure curiosity, what's the issue with not wanting to use the Linework tool as the basis for the override?
                  Tannar Z. Frampton ™
                  Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

I did a quick test and the interior edges doesn't turn off when it's modeled as one roof. I guess it's only when you modify sub elements.

I'm curious as well: why turn off the ridges and valleys when it's not a flat roof?
                    Dan

Comment