Change co-ordinates without moving project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change co-ordinates without moving project

I want to change the co-ordinates of my project without actually moving the model - is there any way to do this?

I want to put on various spot co-ordinates, but the model was set up in the wrong location to start with, and so the co-ordinates aren't correct. I dont really want to move the model as it is a quite a late stage & will cause to many issues (e.g will not line up with our M+E model/Structures model & linked files.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

There is an icon for Project Base Point and another one for Survey Point. If you want to establish a known starting coordinate "on" the building for Spot Coordinates to reference you can "unclip" the paper clip icon by clickin on it and then moving or dragging the icon to a specific location within the building like a grid intersection. Spot coordinates can reference the project base point (parameter in their properties) to indicate coordinates that reference it instead of the arbitrary location of your building in Revit "space".

If you need to reference survey coordinates you use the Survey Point instead. The Specify Coordinates at Point tool lets you enter specific coordinate values for the Survey Point. Once set the Spot Coordinate tool can reference that instead, much like for the Project Base Point.

Comment

Thanks For this steve. I think this willl work, but I'm now having issues with the scale.

When I try and relocate the survey point (before dragging it back to the position in my model) it gives me an error message saying - 'please enter a value less than 9,144,000mm.'

The number I want to put in is 429,600,000mm

I've spoken to a colleague and there survey point has 9digits so not sure why I'm only allowed 7?

Any ideas?

Your help is much appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hayleymoreton View Post
        Thanks For this steve. I think this willl work, but I'm now having issues with the scale.

When I try and relocate the survey point (before dragging it back to the position in my model) it gives me an error message saying - 'please enter a value less than 9,144,000mm.'

The number I want to put in is 429,600,000mm

I've spoken to a colleague and there survey point has 9digits so not sure why I'm only allowed 7?

Any ideas?

Your help is much appreciated.
        Revit doesn't like being more than a mile off....5.68 miles is the max... So your trying to move the model 265 miles. Everyone should be going off of a point within the project boundary, not a point 200+ miles away! (Must have some pretty sophisticated survey devices to go off of a point that far away.)
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

The purpose of "moving" the survey point is to avoid moving the model away from the Revit file's origin. When the survey point is unclipped it lets us move the marker to a point that we can agree on as being a benchmark, either one in the survey or within the building. Once the survey point is in the right spot use Specify Coordinates at Point to enter the coordinates you have. Revit won't mind large coordinates if you enter them this way.

Comment

Thank you very much Steve - works perfectly.

Problem solved!

Comment