Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making sure all views and details are on sheets

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Making sure all views and details are on sheets

    This is a noob question if I've ever heard one, but here it goes:

    I'm at the end of a small project, so it's not a big problem now. But, on bigger projects, how can you be sure that all of your views, details, callout, section, etc. etc. make it on to a sheet? I can see issuing a set, then realizing there is a view missing.

    Any ideas? Or is it just a matter of checking and rechecking to make sure you have everything?
    Dan

    #2
    to the best of your ability manual checking is the best. Quality Checks is what we call them.

    This is also a way Revit can help in crunch time though. Browser Organization (see attached image) F1 has a lot of info on this.
    Attached Files
    -Alex Cunningham

    Comment


      #3
      got it. I'll check it out in the help files. Thanks.
      Dan

      Comment


        #4
        You could create a View List Schedule and schedule the Family, View Name, Sheet, and Sheet Name fields. It won't show legends or schedules though.
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by dzatto View Post
          This is a noob question if I've ever heard one, but here it goes:

          I'm at the end of a small project, so it's not a big problem now. But, on bigger projects, how can you be sure that all of your views, details, callout, section, etc. etc. make it on to a sheet? I can see issuing a set, then realizing there is a view missing.

          Any ideas? Or is it just a matter of checking and rechecking to make sure you have everything?
          View tab/Sheet Composition/View. If your view is in the list it's not on a sheet. I don't have Revit open right now but I think you need to be in a sheet to make this work.
          Last edited by Dave Jones; December 14, 2010, 05:34 PM. Reason: added info
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by muttlieb View Post
            You could create a View List Schedule and schedule the Family, View Name, Sheet, and Sheet Name fields. It won't show legends or schedules though.
            I like this I am going to add this into our template. Awesome for detailing! My soultion simply moves the view under the sheet in the browser.
            -Alex Cunningham

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              View tab/Sheet Composition/View. If your view is in the list it's not on a sheet. I don't have Revit open right now but I think you need to be in a sheet to make this work.
              That's not accurate, for some reason. You do have to be in a sheet, so I opened my sheet with my schedules on it. Every schedule showed up in the list! It's obviously on a sheet, I'm looking right at it!
              Dan

              Comment


                #8
                Theres a much easier way.

                You can create a Project browser sort called "Views not on sheets," and Filter by Sheet Number (it wont exist). Then the ONLY views that are in the top of the project browser, are the views NOT YET placed on sheets. Everything else is only accessible down in the SHEETS portion.

                If theres anything in the top, its not on a sheet.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                  Theres a much easier way.

                  You can create a Project browser sort called "Views not on sheets," and Filter by Sheet Number (it wont exist). Then the ONLY views that are in the top of the project browser, are the views NOT YET placed on sheets. Everything else is only accessible down in the SHEETS portion.

                  If theres anything in the top, its not on a sheet.
                  Yep, just found it. Works great. :beer:
                  Dan

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                    That's not accurate, for some reason. You do have to be in a sheet, so I opened my sheet with my schedules on it. Every schedule showed up in the list! It's obviously on a sheet, I'm looking right at it!
                    well just shows to go ya that you get what you pay for. I use this method to check which view are not on sheet all the time. I never noticed that schedules didn't follow the rules. Probably because as soon as I create a schedule I put it on a sheet.

                    Sorry for the bogus info. In the future I'm going to go with Aaron's suggestion also
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X