3D Family showing in Plan View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Family showing in Plan View

How do I stop the 3D image from showing in my plan view. on a family?

I've downloaded a family from the internet and loaded a symbol into the families floor plan which I want to be the 2D annotation symbol when viewing plans. However I can still see the outline of the 3D model when loaded into my project.

How do I turn off the 3D model in the family and only show the new nested family for plan views?
    Last edited by domsib; July 10, 2013, 01:32 PM.

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Open the family, select the 3D geometry. In the ribbon, you should see Visibility Graphics (I think that's what it's called, I can't open Revit right now). Anyway, open that and uncheck Plan/RCP.
    You can also set it to not show in certain detail levels.

That should do it.
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
      Open the family, select the 3D geometry. In the ribbon, you should see Visibility Graphics (I think that's what it's called, I can't open Revit right now). Anyway, open that and uncheck Plan/RCP.
      You can also set it to not show in certain detail levels.

That should do it.
      And there we have the answer. A simple a process like that and it can set me back a good half hour scratching round for an answer.

Thanks dzatto.

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Comment

No problem. It happens to me still. There's so many hidden check boxes and procedures, it'll drive you crazy sometimes. If it was all easy, this forum wouldn't exist! :laugh:
        Dan

Comment