Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Cavity Wall Intersections

Hi All,

Im new to the BIM world and I'm having trouble trying to sort out the intersection between two different cavity walls. If there is anyone who can help me resolve this issue, I would really appreciate it. Below is an image which is what I want the walls to do but I just cannot seam to get it right. The construction method used in Revit is a 380mm cavity wall (on the sides and above) with an opening in it to allow for the 270mm wall infill. This is a very typical detail we use but I have no idea as to how to resolve the connections in revit. Any help as I said would be most appreciated.

Cavity1.jpg
    Kind Regards
    Dayne
    Attached Files

First, welcome to RFo. :thumbsup:

I was able to create the wall you show in your attachment. Here's what I did:
    1. Edit the wall type of the 270 mm wall and set end wraps to none
    2. Draw 3 walls in this order. 380mm wall, then a 270 mm wall, then another 380 mm wall
    3. Disallow join on both ends of the 270mm wall
    4. Drag each end of the 270 mm wall so it overlaps the 380 mm wall by the thickness of the brick (110mm). You'll get the "walls overlap" warning message. Just accept it.
    5. Join the walls. You have to join the 270 mm wall to the 380 mm wall. If you do it the opposite way, the small wall (where you have the 110 dimension) will carry all the way through the gap.

Now, since I extended the walls to overlap, this may make any quantities a little off. I did, however, join them. So I'm not real sure on that issue. You'll have to test it out and see.
    Attached Files
    Dan

Comment

Thanks dzatto!

This works perfectly! Really appreciate the help!

Comment

another way,
        1.Return your 380 walls beyond the 380 wall thickness.
        2.Draw your 270 wall.
        3.Use "Trim Tool"to join both
        4.Use "Align Tool" align back edges
        5.Use 110mm brick wall for head and join geometry.
        Attached Files
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

I would have never thought of that, Mark. I like your way a lot better than mine. :thumbsup:
          Dan

Comment