Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk though

Hi everyone.
    I am trying to render walk through my model and so far I can see, it may take a week to render couple of steps.
    The model is a big retail store with lots of furniture, lights and glass shelves.
    The settings for render was Low, I left it to proses over the night and result was ten seconds of poor quality movie (((.

I am planing to reduce lighting in the model and try to go for the Heigh quality but it will take way to long.

Any tricks or experience will be highly appreciated as I am about to give up......the dead line is on Friday and I am considering go back to 3D max, which I used previously only for the still image and Revit is my preferable soft.

Many thanks in advance.

Max will be infinitely faster to render the video. You can import the Revit file into Max and render there. The other option is to render JPGs and combine them in Windows Live Movie Maker or something similar. I did a rendering a year or two ago that would have taken weeks otherwise. The JPGs rendered overnight and it took about 30 minutes to combine in movie maker.

Are you rendering it with a realistic setting or shaded? Shaded will always be faster.
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Hi Cellophane,
      I am rendering in realistic so Max will be an option then.

Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Good luck! Be sure to post results if you can. Rendering and Gallery
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

If you render straight to video it will take forever....even in Realistic.. If you have to use Revit, export the image frames then assemble them with a movie maker.

I really gotta learn 3d Max...as my last walkthru of 3 minutes took 4 weekends...(And I was using 10 computers in the office)
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
            If you render straight to video it will take forever....even in Realistic.. If you have to use Revit, export the image frames then assemble them with a movie maker.

I really gotta learn 3d Max...as my last walkthru of 3 minutes took 4 weekends...(And I was using 10 computers in the office)
            Lumion

Comment

Originally posted by cerb0z View Post
              Lumion
              Gotta use what you have...don't see us getting Lumion anytime soon when we have 3 or 4 3ds folks on staff....

Comment

Just my $.02:

ALWAYS render to frames. That way if the power goes out or the software crashes you don't have a corrupt movie file as your only proof you were actually working. You can simply start up again from the frame after the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by cerb0z View Post
                  Lumion
                  OMG....okay, apology...damn that is a cool program. Granted its not as render capable as 3ds...but I could manipulate the model a whole lot faster than I could in 3ds.. I showed it to our other 3ds person and he is going to make a pitch for it during his review today.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                    OMG....okay, apology...damn that is a cool program. Granted its not as render capable as 3ds...but I could manipulate the model a whole lot faster than I could in 3ds.. I showed it to our other 3ds person and he is going to make a pitch for it during his review today.
                    Despite having a number of seats of Max with our suites I actually think we'd get faster ROI on buying Lumion simply because of how geared it's interface is toward non-technial users VS Max learning/training costs - and have championed much the same myself.

Comment