Symbols in Revit text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbols in Revit text

Is there any possibility to introduce symbols (like "fi" <diameter), or "+-") in the text editor in Revit?
    I've tried with the Character Map, but when I copy the "fi" symbol, Revit shows me "f".
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Hi lucis29,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to use any kind of text symbol in the text editor. Revit uses TrueType fonts, so it shouldn't be any different. Make sure that the font you're using for your text in Revit matches the same font your copying the symbol from in Character Map. Let us know if that answers the question or not.

(I moved this thread here because you're looking for an answer, and the forum "Tutorials / Tips & Tricks is reserved for posting Tutorials and Tips & Tricks - info you already know and want to share with others)

Comment

Here is some more info to add to iru's post

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...s/charmap.html

You can also access the Character Map thru the Start > Run > type "charmap"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alex Cunningham; December 13, 2010, 11:03 PM.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Thanks Alex been looking for a table like this for years.
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

my pleasure :beer:
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Thanks Alex,

Two thumbs up from me
            Cheers
            Ian Kidston
            http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Alex, that's great! The greatest thing about it is that it tells you how to enter the codes... for years I never could get the codes to work, and I just spent another five minutes trying to get them to work, until I noticed the part about using the NUMERIC KEYPAD with NUM LOCK on!

edit: However, does it work in Revit? Seems like Revit is trying to initiate keyboard shortcuts?
              Last edited by iru69; December 13, 2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: added edit.

Comment

Originally posted by iru69 View Post
                Hi lucis29,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to use any kind of text symbol in the text editor. Revit uses TrueType fonts, so it shouldn't be any different. Make sure that the font you're using for your text in Revit matches the same font your copying the symbol from in Character Map. Let us know if that answers the question or not.
                You are right. I haven't payed attention to the font, so I was copying ("Symbol") into "Arial"

Originally posted by iru69 View Post
                (I moved this thread here because you're looking for an answer, and the forum "Tutorials / Tips & Tricks is reserved for posting Tutorials and Tips & Tricks - info you already know and want to share with others)
                As a matter of fact, I'm using Revit Structure, but I've made the thread here, supposing that this was the part for General Revit.
                Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

Hi lucis29, glad you got it figured out.

About the correct forum to post in for something like that - great point! For the time being, "Architecture-General" seems like a good catch-all if it's not specific to structural or MEP and doesn't fit in any of the other sub-forums.

Comment

How about Super or Sub Script within Revit Labels?

How about handling the Super or Subscript effect within labels? See attached image for example. Is this possible?

Thanks - Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment