Help importing autocad plot styles into Revit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help importing autocad plot styles into Revit

I need to import our autocad plot styles into Revit. We need this because we will often be bringing in site plans from autocad. I exported the .ctb file from autocad. And know I am suppose to import the line weights as txt. What is the best way of doing this(converting the .ctb to txt)? Or should I be approaching this in a different way?

Thanks,
    Joseph

You don't really use plot styles in Revit. You set the Lineweights of individual objects in either Object Styles or in a View Template.
    But if all you want to do is have the imported DWG use the same weights, you can set your defaults in the Import Settings dialog.
    ImportDWG.PNG
    In this dialog, you map a color from AutoCAD to a Line Weight in Revit.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Yea that is what I am trying to do. I just don't want to do that manually because we use all 256 colors. I see that you can load a txt file, but Autocad only outputs a .ctb.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jsrrd View Post
        Yea that is what I am trying to do. I just don't want to do that manually because we use all 256 colors. I see that you can load a txt file, but Autocad only outputs a .ctb.

thanks
        Autodesk & Google seem to have a lot of advice on this:
        Save a CTB as a text file? - Autodesk Discussion Groups

Looks like tableprint is for older Acad's but there may be a newer one...or just save down and go from there...
        -J
        http://about.me/JayZallan
        Tweet, Link or Blog me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsrrd View Post
          ...because we use all 256 colors...
          Really?!? :shock:

You use every single subtle shade of red for example? I'd like to see an example of that. I've seen people assign a line weight to every color but I have never seen them all actually used. I usually see people assign all the variations of each color to the same lineweight so it does not matter which shade someone happens to use, assuming they wander off the "ByLayer" reservation.

Comment

We assign the line weights just based on the last digit. Then use colors to separate walls from millwork ect..

Comment

Got it to work thanks! One thing I did wrong was I hadn't selected b&w when linking the cad.

Comment