DWG Insert issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWG Insert issues

I am trying to start a project and inserting three CAD dwg's. I insert the first drawing, aquire coordinates. The second dwg I insert with shared coordinates does not come in the revit file inthe correct place. I have tried the same steps with three new dwg files and it works just fine. My original dwgs are purged etc. Any help?

Do all three files have the same relationship to the WCS with each other? Importing using Shared Coordinates on a DWG that has not been used to acquire coordinates already merely forces Revit to use the WCS of the DWG, not necessarily ensuring alignment with other DWG files.

Comment

All three files definitely have the same WCS relationship. I ended up resolving the problem by making three generic files, inserted them into revit and all came in correctly. I then opened the three generic files, copy/pasted the original CAD work intothem and it all worked. I guess there was something fishy with the original files for wahtever unkown reason.

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
      Do all three files have the same relationship to the WCS with each other? Importing using Shared Coordinates on a DWG that has not been used to acquire coordinates already merely forces Revit to use the WCS of the DWG, not necessarily ensuring alignment with other DWG files.

Comment

Well it might be possible that one of the files is too "big" (greater than 20 miles worth of geometry extents or just geometry farther than 20 miles away from origin) and Revit forces files that run into limit to use "Center to Center" instead.

Comment