Panel Types in Curtain Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel Types in Curtain Wall

How do I change the panel type within a curtain wall? I have a curtain wall in which I've inserted a curtain grid and mullions. Now I want to change some of the panels within the wall from glazed to metal. (I don't want all of the panels to be glazed, just some.)How do/Can I do that?

TAB until you select the panel you want, you may have to unpin it, then select a new panel in the properties window.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Must not be in correct "mode"? Selected wall and nothing happens when I hit TAB. I am in 3D View. Also, tried the "unpin" button; however, only my mullions hilight as "unpinnable". Nothing happens to the panels themselves. Clicked on edit profile but that doesn't allow the TAB button to work. Thanks.

Comment

You're in the correct view. Put your cursor near the edge of one of the panels. Then tab as MP said. It will eventually cycle through and highlight the panel. Select it, Unpin it, Change it.
        Dan

Comment

What I always suggest is a 3D or elevation view and turn on shading....

Comment

Thanks, to both of you!! I'm still fumbling with it. But at least I'm getting there. For some reason I keep making all of them change after I finish. In other words, I get it to look the way I want, then click modify, and they all change. Thanks again! (Apologize for slow response, kept getting interrupted.)

Comment

Originally posted by pplusd mikef View Post
              Thanks, to both of you!! I'm still fumbling with it. But at least I'm getting there. For some reason I keep making all of them change after I finish. In other words, I get it to look the way I want, then click modify, and they all change. Thanks again! (Apologize for slow response, kept getting interrupted.)
              If you right click and select all panels or all panels in row then change them then they all will change. If you select and individual curtain panel and change it in the properties it will only change that particular panel.

Oh...you need to create another system panel....select the panel and edit, but duplicate instead of modifying it. If you modify a panel it will change all of those panels with the same name.

Comment

Success! Actually, was going to do what you recommended about needing more than one panel type; but, as I did that, I noticed that "Family" was listed as system panel and "Type" had options of solid and glass. I selected solid for the highlighted items. It worked. I realized that what I really wanted was something other than glass. What is solid anyway, I mean, if it isn't metal???

Thanks for the help!!

Comment

Originally posted by pplusd mikef View Post
                  What is solid anyway, I mean, if it isn't metal???
                  Opaque covering, wood, plastic, fabric, foam, etc. Solid is just generic for "can't see through it".
                  Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
                  Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

Comment

If you're going to be editing a lot of panels on a curtain wall it also helps to select one using tab and theh use the isolate category tool. That will hide everything but the panels so it will be really easy to select individual or multiple panels at once.

Comment