Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet Name Label Problem

Can anyone help me with my titleblock.

At the moment I have a sheet name label in my titleblock.

Due to the format of how we title drawings we have two lines. For example :

First Floor
    Proposed Ventilation Services

The problem I've got is getting the label on 2 lines as above. I have tried to copy the label down in the family but this just repeats the words from the top label.

So what I've ended up doing is stretching the top label so that it fits 2 lines and then using the space bar until the text drops to the line below.

This isn't the correct method and it leaves the sheet names in the properties browser looking something like this
    949/M1 First Floor Ventilation Services

So can anyone tell me how to get the sheet name to form 2 lines but not look ridiculous?

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Here's a thread on it. Haven't read it, though.
    Dan

Comment

The only way to do it without the spacebar is to make the label in the titleblock short enough to say 'First Floor' and then wrap. Then to have options, youd need a bunch of parameters for turning on variations. In my humble opinion its totally not worth that OR the space bar. Just call uit "First Floor- Proposed Ventilation Services" and call it a day.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

It is probably worth just changing your format so it is on one line as Aaron suggests. I will often question trying to match old standards if it gets in the way of productivity and resists how Revit wants to behave, especially if its something subjective.
        `Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for'
        Socrates

Comment

I tried the Ctrl+Enter trick yesterday (2013) and it worked fine.
          Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
          BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

On a sheet title? Im in 2013 (WU2) right now and it doesnt work.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

apparently I can't read and need a vacation... I did it in a view title, not the sheet title. :hide:
              Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
              BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
                I tried the Ctrl+Enter trick yesterday (2013) and it worked fine.
                Originally posted by cellophane View Post
                apparently I can't read and need a vacation... I did it in a view title, not the sheet title. :hide:

Interesting ... with the clarification you've given me an idea to try next week (assuming I remember) - thanks!

Comment

I think you have to do it from the properties not in the field itself to have it work.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Tried both, no joy.

Comment