Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elton williams
    replied
    hey i thought i replied here...anyway, you are right munkholm, thanks, it's always the little things!

Leave a comment:

• Munkholm
    replied
    Originally posted by elton williams View Post
    ...or is there a legal way of forcing the rest of the world into using revit?
    That would be so cool - Maybe a job for the Autodesk Legal Department?

Anyway, it sounds like you are not unchecking the "xref view on sheets" when you do the DWG export...? That might easy your pain just a little
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• elton williams
    started a topic export dwg

export dwg

I began replying to Gordon's post about PDF's + DWG's, but didn't want to take over the thread...

I WISH revit could import (scaled) pdf's so i could use them as underlaid survey plans, instead of having to use dwg's - which i despise
    Our surveyors send us dwg's and pdf's, i use revit, then export to dwg and pdf and send it on
    ...what's wrong with this picture???

:banghead: B.anging-head I.n-the M.iddle:banghead:

Currently, i only know how to export my sheets to dwg with revit's ootb settings, but this fills my folder with a separate file for each view/legend/schedule etc i placed on those sheets, plus one more for each 'sheet'. For example a 8 sheet set with 30 views/legends/schedules placed on them, i end up with 38 dwg's plus a bunch of .pcp's or something...sending 38+ dwg files (+1 pdf!) on to the builder/landscaper etc. is ridiculous and about the worst implementation of B.I.M. i can think of...

Is there a way to export a SHEET with MULTIPLE views as a SINGLE dwg from revit? Without all this referencing between views-as-files B.S.? That's OldoCAD technology.

...or is there a legal way of forcing the rest of the world into using revit?