Revit 2012 & 3D performance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2012 & 3D performance...

I'm interested to hear others experience with Revit 2012 & 3D performance. I've got an GeForce 9800 GTX+ and tried both the autodesk 'certified' drivers and newest drivers. In general navigating perspective views is a little slower than 2011. The most noticeable lag is with ambient shadows on. When starting the walk command there is about a half second delay before you start moving. A half second doesn't sound like much but the result is that you 'jump' after the delay if you've moved the mouse at all. It makes it difficult to use the walk tool with ambient shadows turned on.

With Ambient Shadows turned on, I also get the 1/2 second delay and the frames are slow...but my video card is pretty low end (GeForce 7300 ) .

Comment

We just built a new system in office that is using the new i7 2600, 8 GB DDR3 1333 and an nVidia GTS450. Hasn't been any issues using 3D with this setup. However, the new changes to the 3D engine in Revit did bump up the requirements on the video side a little bit compared to 2010 and 2011. Our older C2Quad machines do experience a slight lag as they are running GTS250 graphics cards. The lag is less than 1/4 second though.

Comment

I had ridiculous slowdown in 3D mode, with my ATI FirePro M7740 and Driver 8.681.0.0. Upgraded the Driver to 8.773.1.1 and now its singing beaultifully.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I tried a GeForce GTX560 card and the lag/delay with ambient shadows on is still there, but not as bad as the 9800 GTX+.

Comment

If anyone else is experiencing this issue I described with camera view and ambient shadows, I encourage you to submit a support request. So far mine is the only report they have and they don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue. If they have more reports/more data, it may help them solve the issue.

Comment

I'm a little late to this party, but we are noticing a slight decrease in 3D performance (2D views seem fine - perhaps even better) compared to 2011. I noticed this during the beta phase and it does not seem to have improved since RTM, WU1 or WU2.
              Wes Macaulay LEED AP
              University of the Fraser Valley | www.ufv.ca

Comment

Since my original post I've upgraded to a faster computer with faster video card (GTX 560 Ti) and I don't really notice any performance issues with the relatively small models I work with. I do still have the specific issue I detailed regarding navigating a perspective view with ambient shadows on (the delay before movement begins). But I also use a Space Navigator now and I don't see the issue with the Space Navigator.

Comment