Revit 2012 family problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2012 family problem

Can anyone please confirm this problem for me?

I have loaded a bed family into a new project in 2012, and once I have inserted a family type, have changed the type to a narrower (or wider) bed and the side tables are not moving relative to the side of the bed.

If I "create similar" by selecting an incorrectly showing bed, the new instance shows up correctly.

I have checked again in 2011 that all works as expected, and it does of course.

Tried again using a blank project: same issue.

In the attached file, selected one of the bed types, then change to a different type, and you will see the problem. I have also attached a 2011 version.
    Attached Files

Yep, it's not just you. Works fine in family editor, but in project weird !!!!
    Will have a look again tonight no time now.
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

And creating any type by dragging from the Project Browser works Ok too.

Comment

Chris - did you ever figure this one out? I am having the EXACT same problem with a door family that we have been using in our our office for quite a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by blusurfer View Post
          Chris - did you ever figure this one out? I am having the EXACT same problem with a door family that we have been using in our our office for quite a long time.
          Haven't sorted it yet. But have just received my serial number etc for 2012, so now I can log a support request.

We report back when/if I hear something from Autodesk.

Comment

I am having the same problem with window families. What worked perfectly in 2011 is now broken in 2012.
            Scott Hopkins AIA LEED AP
            Peikert Group Architects

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Hopkins View Post
              I am having the same problem with window families. What worked perfectly in 2011 is now broken in 2012.
              Can you post one of your windows so wen can try and source the problem ?
              Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Scott, post one of your problem families when you get a chance, if you can. With some suggestions from the forum, I was able to figure out what was wrong with my door families and the fix turned out to be pretty easy...and a huge relief.

Comment

Thanks for the offer guys but I was able solve it. The family is a double hung window family with nested sash families. It worked perfectly in Revit 2011 but in Revit 2012 I was getting bizarre behavior where the nested sash family's height and width parameters were not updating in the host family. I eventually solved it by creating new "family type" parameters in the main family and relinking the nested families. It appears that there might be a bug in the Revit family updating process from 2011 to 2012.
                  Scott Hopkins AIA LEED AP
                  Peikert Group Architects

Comment

We had a similar problem with our doors, in that the original that came into the project worked fine, but any new duplicates of different sizes showed the original size and the new. The 2012 upgrade seemed to have fixed this little bug.

Comment