Matchline View Reference Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matchline View Reference Tag

Does anyone have a matchline view reference tag I could look at that is different than the OOTB variety? I don't particularly like how it looks but am stumped on formatting ideas... :hide: a jpg would be fine. :beer::beer:
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

I have tweaked mine, but it doesn't look radically different, it just works better.
    I have left and right justified types, and they are build with concatenated parameters, so they look a little better and don't require moving every time the referenced sheet or detail changes.
    Also, most fonts tend to move when you rotate them, so I have horizontal and rotated types to address the moving text.
    And I have some invisible lines in them to make it easier to quickly eyeball onto the match line, because you can't snap to jack.

On a related note, I came up with a symbol for Axons to be used in CDs, and also a Section Axon for presentations (second from top in the last screen grab). The new View Reference capability is awkward and all, and you loose a lot of the expected intelligence, but you can do some pretty interesting things now, which I do like as a form of progress.

Gordon
    Attached Files
    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Forgot what the OOTB one looked like.....but here is mine...
      Attached Files
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
        And I have some invisible lines in them to make it easier to quickly eyeball onto the match line, because you can't snap to jack.

The new View Reference capability is awkward and all, and you loose a lot of the expected intelligence, but you can do some pretty interesting things now, which I do like as a form of progress.
        It's awkward but it's still better than manually typing it in or just saying 'Matchline'

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
        Forgot what the OOTB one looked like.....but here is mine...
        OOTB is attached. I tried to load yours in but I can't use it for some reason. It doesn't show up in the type selector or the families in the project browser but if I load it I get a message asking to replace the family.

Thanks for the ideas. Off to the drawing board! :beer:

edit: figured out why I couldn't use it. Have to edit the types :hide:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cellophane; February 20, 2013, 01:19 PM.

chad

Comment

I'm curious how wide-spread the usage of the View Reference is.
          We're still putting a generic ZONE 1 | ZONE 2 on our plans.
          Haven't really seen the need to put an actual Sheet Number on either side of the Match Line, but then again, maybe that's just an old AutoCAD habit.
          Have you gotten any feedback from the field? Does this help contractors? Consultants? Code officials?
          Or is the primary benefit in in-project navigation? I can see where it would be handy to double-click to go to that View.
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post

edit: figured out why I couldn't use it. Have to edit the types :hide:
            It doesn't work right though if its beyond the crop region...there are supposed be be filled in half bubbles pointing in the direction of the current sheet...(or was it the other way around....)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
              I'm curious how wide-spread the usage of the View Reference is.
              We're still putting a generic ZONE 1 | ZONE 2 on our plans.
              Haven't really seen the need to put an actual Sheet Number on either side of the Match Line, but then again, maybe that's just an old AutoCAD habit.
              Have you gotten any feedback from the field? Does this help contractors? Consultants? Code officials?
              Or is the primary benefit in in-project navigation? I can see where it would be handy to double-click to go to that View.
              I think the sheet number is technically correct, although I haven't seen it used much. Any project we have with a matchline just says "matchline" and doesn't reference a sheet. PIA in CAD

FWIW HOK has a section on their BIM site about it. /shrug

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
              It doesn't work right though if its beyond the crop region...there are supposed be be filled in half bubbles pointing in the direction of the current sheet...(or was it the other way around....)
              yeah, I knew the crop portion issue. I adopted it and have the dot pointing to the view being referenced. seems to make the most sense to me :ka:

chad

Comment

You probably wondered about my naming convention....it was created so that I can use them on Horizontal or Vertical matchlines...

Comment

Is the sheet view callout, work the same as the view reference ?

Comment