Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Drains in Plan

question about showing floor drains in plan:

using the OOTB floor drain family (floor / face based) the drains do not show up in a plan view unless the view depth is increased (decreased?) to a distance below the level or a lower level. Is there some way other than adjusting the view range to get the drains to show? It seems kind of dumb that it wouldn't show up...
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Floors are the only thing in Revit that show when existing on the bottom extent of a view range. This is due to most floor plans ending at floor level, yet needing to see the floor itself.

So you can either;
    1. Extend your view range
    2. Add an invisible model line that extends above the floor level.

I'm not sue if the second will show any geometry beyond the Bottom view extent, it certainly works for elements above the cut plane...
    I used to be high on life, until I realised it was cut with Morons.
    Combating ignorance daily through learning.

Comment

there must be problem in the setting of visibility parameter in the family.

Comment

Tim's invisible line suggestion is what I would try first. The invisible line will probably need to extend up high enough to intersect the cut plane of the level. It can't just be above the flor level just a touch. It will need to be "cut".
        Jeff Hanson
        Sr. Subject Matter Expert
        Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

invisible line worked out great. Thanks :thumbsup:

chad

Comment

One more question:

The drain places on the face of slab correctly, but the slab needs to slope to the drain (circular.) How can I offset the drain by X inches so it sits in the depression? The split-line tool doesn't exactly allow for non-linear lines. Once sloped I can place it on a face but the drain will have a cant to it.

Thanks! :beer:

chad

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
              One more question:

The drain places on the face of slab correctly, but the slab needs to slope to the drain (circular.) How can I offset the drain by X inches so it sits in the depression? The split-line tool doesn't exactly allow for non-linear lines. Once sloped I can place it on a face but the drain will have a cant to it.

Thanks! :beer:
              When i teach people shape editing in training here, i teach them not to drop it to a *point,* but to drop it to a flat square thats the same size as the drain.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

If it's face based you should be able to host it to the level instead of the floor. From there you can give it an offset. If it's floor based I think you need to make a flat spot for it, but it could be a square smaller than the drain so it gets hidden by the family.

Comment

Thanks again!

chad

Comment