Legends on Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legends on Sheets

Is there any way for Revit to tell me what sheets certain legends are on? I'm working on my coded notes and want to make sure that nobody put the wrong legend on the wrong sheet before I start fixing them. I tried creating a view list...but it doesn't include legends...

Thanks!

Originally posted by CBukowski View Post
    Is there any way for Revit to tell me what sheets certain legends are on? ... I tried creating a view list...but it doesn't include legends...
    Not that I know of. I just added one more item on my list of limitations of legends.
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Nor can you do anything to find what sheets schedules are on either.

Comment

that is truely a bummer - thankfully I only have ~70 sheets to check, and I have to end up going through all of them anyway for the coded notes legends. Here's hoping the team's been paying attention and not changing things that were set up from day one.

Comment

Probably the reason is that both Legends and Schedules can be placed on multiple sheets, therefore, in order to hold that information, Revit would need another kind of data type for the Sheet Name parameter, like a list instead of just text.

Comment

Even if Revit could list every view on every sheet - with just two columns, sheet name and view name. Then you could sort alphabetically by view name and end up with 5 rows with "Coded Notes Enlarged Floor Plans" but with a different value for sheet name. Seems like Revit should be able to make a list like that. The information is all in there.

Comment

Originally posted by CBukowski View Post
              ...5 rows with "Coded Notes Enlarged Floor Plans" but with a different value for sheet name.
              That makes sense, so it's not a problem of the kind of data of the Sheet name parameter. Hmm... wishlist?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
                That makes sense, so it's not a problem of the kind of data of the Sheet name parameter. Hmm... wishlist?
                Well, you can simply expand the sheets in the PB. It does show the Schedules and Legends there. It would probably save you the time of phisically opening the sheet. It's not much, but does help.
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Yea it's possible...

1.Create a visibility parameter for a drawing sheet.(It should be instance parameter)
                  2. Whenever you add a legend to sheet you need to check a visibility of this parameter.
                  3. Prepare a schedule for sheets.
                  4. Add a visibility parameter to field which is created

But remember it can not be linked to legend view.You need to co-ordinate it manually.

Hope so it will might be work for you.
                  Yogesh

Comment

Yeah - I think for the time being I'll just expand the sheets and make sure I know where each one is. So far it doesn't look like anyone has moved them around or added weird ones to other sheets. Helps that I'm usually the one creating/setting up the new sheets...

Comment