Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant load structural beams and columns..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant load structural beams and columns..

Hi,

When I try to load a beam or column into the project it says "nothing loaded etc" so I load one and when I press "load" it says "Some or all of the family files you selected cannot be loaded. You must choose family files of the category Structural Framing. Do you want to retry loading a new set of files?"

Whats up with that....
    I added the family file as attachment.
    Can anyone tell what is wrong?
    I really need those structural beams and columns in my project

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Anyone has a suggestion?

Comment

Yes, this is just a profile (2D shape), and not structural framing.

Comment

Originally posted by UKN View Post
        Yes, this is just a profile (2D shape), and not structural framing.
        Huh, thats wierd! why is it listed under "structural framing" in the Autodesk library then?
        Where should I get the "real" framing then?

Comment

I am having the same problem, can anyone help please?

Comment

I recommend that people NEVER load families from the icon on the right end of the individual Tools' menu.
            ALWAYS load families from the Insert Tab.
            If you use the Individual Tool's Load Family (Doors, Window, Columns) you can ONLY load families of that category.
            And some are not in the Category you'd expect them to be in, thus causing the "families cannot be loaded" error.
            If you always load families from the Insert Tab's Load Families, you'll never see that error.
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
              ...I recommend that people NEVER load families from the icon on the right end of the individual Tools' menu.
              ALWAYS load families from the Insert Tab...
              Good Advice. Insert ribbon > Load Family is an administrative task, I'm going to load some families so we can all use it/them. Load Family while using a tool is a task activity and you'll need to be more aware of which categories play.

Any family can go in any folder so just because a family is in a certain folder doesn't mean it is assigned to the required category for the tool to work. Profile families are stored in a separate folder in the stock content.

Comment