parameters for family vs family type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parameters for family vs family type

If I have family 1 under which I have family types 1A,1B,1C,etc. Is there a way I can change certain parameters in 1A and have them also be updated in 1B and 1C? I was hoping there is a way to differentiate between parameters for family (carries across all family types) and parameters for family types (unique to each family type).

Short of just not adding parameters for these values and going into the family editor to physically change these values and re-loading back into the project, is there another way to do this?

Originally posted by jgu View Post
    Is there a way I can change certain parameters in 1A and have them also be updated in 1B and 1C?
    Plug in the value in the Formula column. It'll push the value into every family type. It will require a visit into the family editor, but every type will be updated.

Or use another method, which will require a little more work. Nest your family into a new family and control the parameter value by linking through from the child into the parent family and using a family type selection parameter to control which family type shows up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andrew K; December 11, 2012, 10:13 PM.
    Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
    Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew K View Post
      Plug in the value in the Formula column. It'll push the value into every family type. It will require a visit into the family editor, but every type will be updated.
      Andrew, thanks for the tip. Plugging in the value in the formula column is a good solution. As long as I can still control these as a parameter, I don't mind doing it in the family editor and re-loading it back into the project.

Comment