Gross area boundary edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gross area boundary edit

It's annoying how they don't have the pink lines in "boundary edit mode".... I can't see what i'm doing when I'm drawing the area, and keep getting warnings about overlapping lines (see below image)

screenshot2.png

Also whatever I do, I can't seem to include the section boxed in red into my gross area (the orange region). I don't even know what i'm doing wrong, because i can't see what i'm doing!
    screenshot.png

You should always be able to see you area boundry (purple line by default). Are you sure you don't have them turned off in the view? It's under the model categories tab in the lines category. Should be the first one <area boundary>.

What do you mean "boundary edit mode"? I just open the area plan and the boundaries are there. No edit mode needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dzatto; December 7, 2012, 04:15 PM.
    Dan

Comment

Piggybacking on what dzatto has said, Is it possible that the visibility/graphics in your area plans have somehow been overridden to hide/modify the area boundaries...

OOTB Area Boundaries should be purple and visible in Revit generated area plans.
      Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment

Yeah that layer was turned off. thanks!

I still wish I could edit the boundaries in pink line isolation mode, so I don't have to worry about accidentally deleting parts of my model

Comment

You can use filter to refine you selections, making sure that only area boundaries are selected.
          Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment

yeah but it's too cumbersome. I use the trim command a lot, and end up trimming area boundaries with walls/curtain grids/etc by mistake. Don't get me started on the align tool... I'm afraid to use that thing because for every line it aligns, it misaligns 10 other ones... anyway that's a tangent.

I'm not sure why Revit chose to make it like this, as opposed to using the same system as editing floor slabs and stairs...
            Last edited by gentlepuppies; December 7, 2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Area boundaries are really best used auto generated by area scheme rules, the problem lies in BOMA calcs. which require different rules for different walls. [corridor, exterior, demising, etc...]
              Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment

Originally posted by kommunalka View Post
                Area boundaries are really best used auto generated by area scheme rules
                In my experience, I have found that rarely do auto generated area boundary lines (or area boundary lines drawn with the "Apply area rules" box checked) end up where I actually need them. As a general rule, we draw area boundary lines independently, with that box unchecked.

Comment

Same here. I NEVER use the auto generate option. By the time I clean up what Revit thinks I want, I could have drawn it myself...twice. :laugh:
                  Dan

Comment

As I stated in another thread, I may have just been luck with my recent round of auto generated area plans [High rise residential].

It seems like they can have a mind of their own sometimes [depending on your wall configuration/ linked models]
                    Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment