Changing current versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing current versions

I deleted Revit 2011 because I thought I didn't need it i.e. I have 2012 and currently run 2013
    I found that I did need it and then reinstalled it. Now 2011 is the default version.
    How do I make 2013 version the current default version again. it's probably a simple answer but I don't know where to look

Some advice would be great

Grego

Hi Grego,

Go to windows explorer, right click any revit file - choose open with - browse button at bottom - navigate to correct version of revit.

Cheers,

Ian
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Revit will always open to the last version installed if you open a file by double clicking it. You should be opening Revit first and then opening your file
      Rick Moore, AIA
      Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects

Comment

Originally posted by Grego View Post
        I deleted Revit 2011 because I thought I didn't need it i.e. I have 2012 and currently run 2013
        I found that I did need it and then reinstalled it. Now 2011 is the default version.
        How do I make 2013 version the current default version again. it's probably a simple answer but I don't know where to look

Some advice would be great

Grego
        Take a look at this thread, specifically post number 37. I've done this multiple times in the past with success.

http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...t-version.html
        Andre Carvalho

Comment

Thanks for the response.
          It seems to me that this shouldn't be a complicated issue. You should be able to just select the version you want and make it 'default'

Rick Moore mentioned that I should be opening Revit direct to get to a job file. I have always gone through windows explorer where all the projects are and double click to open. Is there a 'best practice' on this issue. I thought that opening Revit direct only gave you the last four projects opened.

Cheers

Grego

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Moore View Post
            Revit will always open to the last version installed if you open a file by double clicking it. You should be opening Revit first and then opening your file
            I do not believe this is true. I was hoping this was true, but when I installed both Revit 2013 and RST 2013, my Revit files still try and default to Revit 2012.

Also, what is frustrating that I can not seem to figure out, is that every time I double click to open (family) it will launch an other session of Revit

Comment

Do this and ensure "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked.

Originally posted by Ian.Kidston View Post
              Hi Grego,

Go to windows explorer, right click any revit file - choose open with - browse button at bottom - navigate to correct version of revit.

Cheers,

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Grego View Post
                Is there a 'best practice' on this issue. I thought that opening Revit direct only gave you the last four projects opened.

Grego
                With worksharing projects it is always best to open Revit first, and then manually navigate to the central file [This ensures you create a fresh local and are not using an old local file if the central file has changed/ moved]
                Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment