Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic overhad lines for floor slab above?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic overhad lines for floor slab above?

I was hoping that there's a checkbox for "overhead lines" for floors under visibility/graphics window (just like for stairs, but there isn't. I rather avoid drawing dumb/hidden lines, since i'm constantly changing the 2nd floor slab in my building, and would like it to reflect in the 1st floor plan.

Thanks!

You can change the view range or turn on the underlay for that floor and use the linework tool to change those lines to overhead or however you want them to display. Change the view range back or turn off the overlay and the overridden lines will remain and stay live.

Comment

awesome, thanks!

Comment

They will stay 'live' if you lock them to the slab outline when you draw them. This way, if you change the slab dimensions, the overhead lines will move with the new outline. (Don't know what will happen if you change the SHAPE of the slab, adding more lines to shape, but you will tell us that !). Kamran
        Kamran Mirza
        Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment

These aren't lines, Kamran. No need to lock them. You are actually doing a linetype override to the slab itself. It's part of the slab. If you move that "line", you are moving the slab. If you edit the shape, as long as that line is still part of the new shape, it will still show up. If you delete that line in the sketch, then you'll have to redo it with the linework tool.
          dzatto
          "OMG I killed Revit"
          Last edited by dzatto; November 30, 2012, 02:38 PM.
          Dan

Comment

OK, dzatto, i was suggesting another technique of tracing over the [slab outline] from the underlay with annotation line 'overhead' style using pick lines to draw them and then when each is picked to lock them and then to turn off the underlay. I haven't used the method mentioned above and I guess I got confused between the two if my method is different. Kamran
            Kamran Mirza
            Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment

Yes, the linework tool is different than drawing detail lines. It allows you to override individual lines of other model objects and if you click on them after you turn the underlay off, you'll see you're actually selecting the object above, not a line.

Comment

I realize this thread is back from 2012 but here goes.

I am also modelling out a multistory building. The solution proposed here to make the above floor slab visible; underlay and linework settings, definitely work. But I have some additional concerns and would be grateful if someone would help out.

1. It seems I would need to do this in ALL the floor plans individually. Isn't there a setting that allows me to do that for all of them together? It seems like an Autocadish way to do each floor individually, especially if one is a modelling a building like the Aqua tower.
                2. I changed the lines to <Overhead> from Linework command under Linestyle. How do I undo this and make them not display anymore(back to as they were)?

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Use the linework tool again, but use the <By Category> to undo the override.

Comment