Rooms disappear when I draw room separation line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooms disappear when I draw room separation line

It's not as simple as it sounds. I'm trying to define an area within an open floor plan as a room, so I draw a room separation line, but when I do so, the room itself and the existing room tag disappears. I check the schedule and the room is still there, with the correct area, but I cannot select it in the view, and when I add another room tag, a warning pops up saying that the tag is not visible in view and that I have to check my visibility settings... even though every other room is visible along with their room tags! What's going on?

Thanks!

Is your new room on the correct level?

When you place your new room - on your options bar you have an option to place an existing room or a new room, try it with the existing room.
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

My room was already there, and already defined by a few room separation lines. When I stretch one of those lines, the room disappears but only in view, and exists in all the schedules. So I wouldn't want to place a new room...

Comment

Can you select the room from the schedule and show in view?
        Perhaps the graphics are overidden or hidden in view by elements.
        Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment

revealing hidden elements didn't show the missing room (or any room). I can only see the room in the schedule, but have no options when selecting them... it's just a box in a spreadsheet (albeit clearly linked to the actual room since the area keeps fluctuating when i change the room separation lines)...

Comment

In the schedule right click on the cell containing the room in question [or an associated value] and click show. Revit will then search for a view in which the selected room is visible, hopefully finding where the missing room has migrated to.
            Bear | Chicago, IL

Comment

I gave up and deleted the room. But when I attempt to place a new room in the space, both the room and its tag don't show up and I get a warning, even though all every other room and tag is visible.

Comment

I had the exact same problem. Root cause was a complex room form with circular segments. Ended up splitting the large room with seperation lines to narrow down the problem area and simplified the room boundary there with seperation lines in stead of walls. Bug.
                There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
                Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment