X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweep tool Broken

Okay,
    Please tell me I am wrong.....

I have gone through the process of 'Profilising' all our custom mullion details for a Particular Suite of Facade Glazing. I did this with the intention of building Curtain Wall Panels that reflect reality. All profiles are set with the 'Working Point' located at the profile based point for quick set up and interchangeability.

I am generating my first panel, only to find that Revit like to have profile tantrums. Problems:
    Sweep via 'Pick 3D Edges' won't work with a profile selected.
    Sweep via 'Sketch Path' sometimes works with a selected profile.
    Sweep via 'Pick 3D Edges' works with 'Sketch Profile' with the lines cut n pasted from the profile family.

At this point it looks as though I will be manually cutting and pasting profile information, including having to wrestle with lines in plan and elevation....

Can anyone shed some light on the topic? I will see what the support centre suggests.
    Attached Files
    I used to be high on life, until I realised it was cut with Morons.
    Combating ignorance daily through learning.

seems to be working just fine for me...
    Greg McDowell Jr
    about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Doh!!

I uploaded one that is working..... And not any of the ones I was struggling with....

Try these...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tim West; November 21, 2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Can you post the family you're working on?
        Greg McDowell Jr
        about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Originally posted by Tim West View Post
          Okay,
          Please tell me I am wrong.....
          Yes, you are. The sweep tool is Ok. Your profiles contain errors. "202" contains a duplicated line. "203" contains one or two lines that are not joined properly to the rest of the lines, where indicated. Once these errors are corrected, the sweep will work properly.
          Attached Files
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

I have got it to work....
            Open the profile family, select all lines, paste into sweep editor as a profile. Finish the sweep. Edit the sweep. Select all profile lines. Copy and paste into Profile Family. Load profile into project (or family in this case). Works fine?

Very Odd indeed!!

EDIT
            Alfredo, I found the duplicate in 202, and the disjoin in 203. With 203 I performed the above process, which must have resolved the not correctly joined lines.... very odd indeed...

P.S. Yay!! I have to update my verification process.... Which is copy the chain of lines and paste into a filled region... As Revit can generate and maintain lines less than the minimum, unless they are involved in a filled/masking region or sweep, etc...
            Last edited by Tim West; November 21, 2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
              Yes, you are. The sweep tool is Ok. Your profiles contain errors. "202" contains a duplicated line. "203" contains one or two lines that are not joined properly to the rest of the lines, where indicated. Once these errors are corrected, the sweep will work properly.
              Exactly what Alfredo said. You need to be super dooper diligent when creating your profiles in a Revit friendly manner, to the point where even if it works in a family it may not work in the project. I have spent hours and hours learning the hard way. You can push it to the nth degree, but keeping it simple to me means (mostly) no line lengths or radii under 1mm.
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
                Exactly what Alfredo said. You need to be super dooper diligent when creating your profiles in a Revit friendly manner, to the point where even if it works in a family it may not work in the project. I have spent hours and hours learning the hard way. You can push it to the nth degree, but keeping it simple to me means (mostly) no line lengths or radii under 1mm.
                I thought I had done both of the above... I have my excel spread sheet set up to tell me the minimum radii to angle or Angle to Radii, and have been manually placing every line, copying and pasting into a separate family to check for closed loops, and overlaps.....

Obviously I am too human (and here's me thinking I had ascended!)

Oh well, I guess I'd better check the other 50 of so.... Again....

Comment