Unwanted Wall Hatches in Plan View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwanted Wall Hatches in Plan View

So I'm using Revit 2012 Architecture & I'm having this issue where I'm getting unwanted wall hatches showing up on one of my floors. In the 1st floor everything looks fine, but if I go to the 2nd floor I get this cross-hatch pattern inside all the walls, see the attached images for more info. (Note: ignore the solid black poche areas, I put those there).

I've tried editing the structure of the walls to not show a hatch when cut, but that doesn't work. I figure it means something is wrong with the walls and that's why it's showing up. But it seems like it would show up on the 1st floor too. Some of the walls go all the way from 1st to the 2nd floor, some are only on the 2nd floor. But regardless that cross-hatch pattern shows up on any 2nd floor wall. Any one know how to get rid of this, it's pretty annoying when I'm trying to make a nice set of plans to show someone. I've searched around too and didn't have any luck.
    Attached Files

Check the Detail Level of the Views--lower left corner of screen, or in View Properties.

See if the Wall Type Properties has a "Coarse Cut Pattern" associated with it.

( Funny, it is usually the opposite of what I see in your screen shots--Coarse will show no hatch, Medium and Fine show hatch.)
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

I checked the 2 wall types in the project and both have "no pattern" set for the "coarse cut pattern." Strange thing is that if I go to medium detail level the hatch disappears for the thicker walls, but not the thinner ones. Maybe the walls families are just buggy and need to be remade?

Edit: I tried changing the walls to a different family type and creating a new wall of a different family on the 2nd floor, but they all have the cross-hatch even though they have "no pattern" set for the "coarse cut pattern."
      Last edited by jereisluke; November 20, 2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Check and see if in VG> Model Categories, Wall Cut Patterns is overridden.

Can you place a couple of the offending walls into a blank project and post it here so we can take a quick look?
        Last edited by cliff collins; November 20, 2012, 08:10 PM.
        Cliff B. Collins
        Registered Architect
        The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
        Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Success! :laugh: Thanks for the suggestions. The wall cut pattern wasn't overridden in Visibility Graphics, but then I looked in Object Styles and noticed that the material for walls had a cross-hatch pattern set for it's cut. Set that to none and the hatch went away. But it still doesn't make sense that it was only on the 2nd floor, I thought Object Styles was project wide, so it seems like it would have showed up on the 1st floor too. Hmmm...

Comment