Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door tags

Hello everyone!

I'm starting to use Revit and I'm having some newbie problems, I think.. First of all, I'm from Brazil and my English is sux .

So, I'm learning the basics from a video tutorial and in this video when the guy inserts a door, the door automatically comes with a tag (or mark) but in my Revit I can't do that. I can only insert the door, the tag (mark) are not coming together. So, what can I do to solve that? For me it's better to insert the door and the tag in just one command.

If it's not possible so how can I insert door/windows tags after the door/windows placement?

Thanks and sorry for my newbie doubt. :banghead:
    igones
    Last edited by igones; November 9, 2012, 04:05 AM.

Originally posted by igones View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm starting to use Revit and I'm having some newbie problems, I think.. First of all, I'm from Brazil and my English is sux .

So, I'm learning the basics from a video tutorial and in this video when the guy inserts a door, the door automatically comes with a tag (or mark) but in my Revit I can't do that. I can only insert the door, the tag (mark) are not coming together. So, what can I do to solve that? For me it's better to insert the door and the tag in just one command.

If it's not possible so how can I insert door/windows tags after the door/windows placement?

Thanks and sorry for my newbie doubt. :banghead:
    Hi igones, and welcome to a fellow Revit user from Brazil! I don't know what tutorial that you are watching but normally doors are placed in the model then separately you use Annotate tab, Tag by Category to tag the door with the door mark. Revit OOTB project templates include door tags for this purpose or when you get further along you can make your own. While it would sometimes be nice to have both functions happen at once, it's not something that is always required (insert door, mark door) so I like it the way it is.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Before placement – pick ‘Tag on Placement’ DOOR TAG1.JPG

After placement – Annotate->Tag All, let you tag category in one shot DOOR TAG2.JPG

Or pick ‘Tag by Category’ on QAT to tag by instance door tag3.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
        Before placement – pick ‘Tag on Placement’
        heh, shows to go ya how many doors I place in walls = none

edit: oh and PijPiwo, be a little quicker next time and save me the embarrasement?
        Dave Jones
        "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
        Last edited by Dave Jones; November 9, 2012, 03:53 AM.
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

:thumbsup: Thanks!! :laugh:

Comment