X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfienoakes
    replied
    Cheers guys..

I have had a look at Curtain wall mullions, and with my own corner post, feel better about window junctions now....

Thanks for all the help.. once again.. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Munkholm
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfienoakes View Post
    Lube station.. garage. of course..

Right.. well, this is what I mean.. Is this generally the way you guys would approach this situation..

Cheers[ATTACH=CONFIG]1222[/ATTACH]
    Alfie, your parametric post would also be my preferred approach for windows. But for curtain walls I´d use a Corner Mullion, which can autoflex with the angles etc.

Leave a comment:

• d.stairmand
    replied
    I just create a Quad Corner Mullion the same Size & Material as the glass
    Swap it in & it should be ok

Works a treat for Curtain Walls where the glass in at the centre
    You need workaround for Glass that is Non Centred

Leave a comment:

• Alfienoakes
    replied
    Lube station.. garage. of course..

Right.. well, this is what I mean.. Is this generally the way you guys would approach this situation..

Cheersparametric post.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Alex Cunningham
    replied
    Originally posted by dzatto View Post
    Pshaw, I don't get offended! I'm too :crazy: for that. I just don't want to lose street cred in RFO. :laugh:
    too late sorry

Leave a comment:

• dzatto
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
    I meant no disrespect for sure. As I said in another post a minute ago, it was after 5pm and the beer was calling which always makes me "jumpy"
    Pshaw, I don't get offended! I'm too :crazy: for that. I just don't want to lose street cred in RFO. :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Dave Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by dzatto View Post
    Dude, you just demoted me.
    I meant no disrespect for sure. As I said in another post a minute ago, it was after 5pm and the beer was calling which always makes me "jumpy"

Leave a comment:

• dzatto
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
    well, that's why I'm a curtain wall detailer and you're a lube station detailer. Not that one's better than the other but my side needs to be careful about curtain wall corners and how they affect curtain panel sizes. Now, get back to your template and quit wasting time in RFO
    Dude, you just demoted me.

I design the whole project from the site layout to the MEP, Architectural, Structural. Everything. Not that it's too difficult, it's just a lube center, but still. :laugh:

Originally posted by Alfienoakes View Post
    "a lube station detailer"...

Hey, Im not sure what that is, but it sounds like if they have stations for lube, Im willing to visit one..!
    I'm sure you have them on your side of the pond. It's where you get your car serviced. Oil changes, tune ups, etc. Just like a Jiffy Lube, except our buildings are way better. :thumbsup:

Anyway, back to your original question. Maybe my way wasn't the best. I didn't think of scheduling. I'd go with Aaron and Dave's suggestions. I'll leave you guys to hash out the details. lol

Leave a comment:

• Alfienoakes
    replied
    "a lube station detailer"...

Hey, Im not sure what that is, but it sounds like if they have stations for lube, Im willing to visit one..!

Cheers for the answers. Unfortunately, or luckiliy maybe, the jobs we work on would not allow for expensive curtain wall junctions that are made from glass. What I was thinking of, was something more like the attached. Its pretty much how the junction would be dealt with in reality.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Twiceroadsfool
    replied
    We have a family that forms the corners as either a Vertical "mullion" or a Canted "mullion," and it has the same depth and adjustment parameters as the Mullions, so- when setup correctly- you can drag the CW to the correct length, have the panels report correctly, and have it visually correct.

For canted systems, obviously youre making a CS by face, so you have to split the surface of the mass depending on where the glass needs to end, but it has parameters in it to make either the glass ends vertical, or the entire system Canted.

Its ridiculous that we have to make custom content for it, but it works.

Leave a comment: