Schedule Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule Breaks

Is there a way to have spacing between groups of mark numbers in a multi-category schedule? I have a schedule that is sorted by the Mark number. But it is numbered by Letter then number. (EX: A01) I want to break up the A's and the B's and the C's while still all on the same schedule. If so can you title each group?

Originally posted by mikey1073 View Post
    Is there a way to have spacing between groups of mark numbers in a multi-category schedule? I have a schedule that is sorted by the Mark number. But it is numbered by Letter then number. (EX: A01) I want to break up the A's and the B's and the C's while still all on the same schedule. If so can you title each group?
    can be done by hitting the little squiggly line at the right center of the schedule on the sheet which splits the schedule into two parts. Pull the little blue dot on the bottom of the left schedule half up or down to isolate the A- items. Then in the remaining right schedule half click on the little squiggly line in the middle and follow the same procedure to isolate the B- and C- items.

I don't believe that there is a way from within the schedule to title each of these separations
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

well my goal is to keep it as one vertical list, not breaking up the schedule. Just the grouping with in the schedule. Basically like getting a blank line between letters in the schedule or something of that sort.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey1073 View Post
        well my goal is to keep it as one vertical list, not breaking up the schedule. Just the grouping with in the schedule. Basically like getting a blank line between letters in the schedule or something of that sort.
        can't be done that I know of. You'll have to use 3 schedules and filter your results to accomplish what you want to do.

Comment

Like this? Use headers. Check the blank line option. The prefix parameter is an added type parameter that I filled out in the schedule itself. Then, just hide that column so you don't see it on your sheets.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dzatto; October 25, 2012, 05:10 PM.
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
            Like this? Use headers. Check the blank line option. The prefix parameter is an added type parameter that I filled out in the schedule itself. Then, just hide that column so you don't see it on your sheets.

that's cool Dan...learn something new every day!

Comment

Just noticed I had a B parameter on a C door, but you get the idea. :laugh:
              Dan

Comment

That's how I do my Architectural Abbreviations too...
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Dan, have you ever considered putting the prefix completely outside the mark?
                  I know there are pros and cons, but that´s a discussion I have been having with myself for quite a long time...
                  Gonçalo Feio
                  "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Actually Feio, I don't use prefixes at all. :laugh:

I was just showing the OP how to create a schedule with headers and blank lines. But, you could do it that way in the schedule. Actually, that's pretty much what I did with the prefix column. But, how would you tag it that way in the plan?
                    Dan

Comment