Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raster printing issues

Hey guys,

I am having some issues printing elevations with shadows. On screen all my lines are super crisp and look as expected, but when I print to PDF (using Acrobat Pro) the image comes out almost as if in halftone. I have been playing around with all the Acrobat Pro settings I can think of and going into every menu, but nothing seems to be making a difference.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Anyone....?

Comment

We have raster printing issues sometimes, although we use Bluebeam to print with. So........our solution is to change post-processing settings and can get it print correctly. Perhaps Acrobat Pro has a similar option? If not....sorry for wasting your time, lol!!
      Kevin Carroll
      BIM Manager

Comment

Set your Acrobat PDF settings to High Quality Print instead of Standard. All my elevations are printed with that setting. Standard is too fuzzy.
        Brett Harris
        BIM Manager
        Erskine Dredge & Associates Architects Inc.

Comment

I assume you're exporting with line cleanup set to vector? Also you could try pdfcreator which will let you save as a high resolution png if you want.

Comment

Going to try Bluebeam. I like the functionality of it - and way more bang for your buck - so it seams.

I have tried all the different PDF quality settings. Going to give it another go though. PNG/JPG is going to be a last resort.

Revit automatically prints views with shadows using raster, not vector. This is very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett View Post
              Set your Acrobat PDF settings to High Quality Print instead of Standard. All my elevations are printed with that setting. Standard is too fuzzy.
              this worked for me thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jj Mac View Post
                Hey guys,

I am having some issues printing elevations with shadows. On screen all my lines are super crisp and look as expected, but when I print to PDF (using Acrobat Pro) the image comes out almost as if in halftone. I have been playing around with all the Acrobat Pro settings I can think of and going into every menu, but nothing seems to be making a difference.

Anyone have any suggestions?

We are having the same problem. Changing the adobe pdf to higher standard did not work...were there any other suggestions?
                We think it's because when we turn on shadow and it creates a raster image and then changes the image to halftone. The 11x 17 pdf looks fine, the 24 x 36 pdf looks terrible.24 x 36 pdf.pdf11 x 17 pdf.pdf
                Last edited by ghosttsai; March 10, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment