Soffit/roof and wall joins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soffit/roof and wall joins

Is there a way to get the proper layers of a roof and wall to join correctly?

See image below, notice how my layer of gypsum board on the left hand wall stops when it meets the roof/soffit? I've pulled the edge of the soffit back to the inside face of my insulation in order to get them to join correctly, but if I pull it back anymore then the gwb will run all the way to the bottom of the wall.

Also, the wall on the right has the gwb layer running up past the gwb layer in the soffit, which doesn't happen in real life.

roof wall join.jpg

It seems to me that so far, Revit is not so nice when joining walls and roofs.

Originally posted by stl4310 View Post
    Is there a way to get the proper layers of a roof and wall to join correctly?

See image below, notice how my layer of gypsum board on the left hand wall stops when it meets the roof/soffit? I've pulled the edge of the soffit back to the inside face of my insulation in order to get them to join correctly, but if I pull it back anymore then the gwb will run all the way to the bottom of the wall.

Also, the wall on the right has the gwb layer running up past the gwb layer in the soffit, which doesn't happen in real life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9300[/ATTACH]

It seems to me that so far, Revit is not so nice when joining walls and roofs.

Hi there,

Try playing with your wall/roof functions.

Under the wall type, edit structure dialog box, the function column has different layers (structure, substrate etc.)
    When I was working with joining walls and floors I noticed that the join is related to the layers of the function, for example a Structure(1) layer of a wall will over power the Substrate(2) of the floor. So in this case I'd try to match the layer number of the gypsum boards since it looks like maybe that top material of the roof is a lower layer number than the gypsum board so that might be why the gypsum board doesn't extend all the way.

Hope that helps!

Comment

You can also unlock the material in the type editor and add an offset to the top or bottom of the wall.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment