Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parapet Flashing

Hi All, hope this is the right section.

Quick question I am trying to create a flashing for a parapet, where wall thickness are different (see attached) but do it in one sweep if possible. I've tried a few different methods but none give the result I want. I want the corner joints to be mitered as opposed to round.

Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Well the flashing (in the real world) will need to be designed to suit both conditions, so if that's the case, you'll know that profile already, then you should be able to pick the outer face (assuming that's the aligned face) and run the flashing round.

If the flashing will be different, you will need two different profiles, two different wall sweeps defined. And then the junctions will scream out at you : "detail me".

Comment

@snowyweston, ya see that the problem, in doing it as two sweeps the corners are incorrect (& will appear so in any model). "in the real world" generally both profiles would have a different pitch to allow the profile to meet as a mitered corner. Is it not possible to do a sweep in this way.

Comment

Well, you answered your own question: 2 sweeps, with 2 profiles with 2 pitches. Now all you need to do is figure out what those pitches should be...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

that's all well & fine, i can do that, but how do you get the corners of the sweeps (as a generic model) to mitre?

Comment

Are we talking Wall Sweeps or Generic Models?

Wall Sweeps: select sweep, modify returns > set to angle > 45degr, click end
            Generic model: create sweep, let it extend, create void that cuts 45degr angle
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I've tried both ways, but maybe i'm doing something wrong, (never thought of the void cut, that may well work) thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK81 View Post
                that's all well & fine, i can do that, but how do you get the corners of the sweeps (as a generic model) to mitre?
                in "real life" when transitioning from one parapet cap width (in plan) to another, both with the same pitch, a custom fabricated corner section is required. I do the same thing in Revit, sweeps for both conditions where they continue around corners but when I run into a different condition, the sweep stops and a custom corner is placed.
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

@Dave it is also possible to do the parapet in one segment for each run "in real life" but it takes a bit of tidying on site to get the corner right. In some cases a custom fabricated corner is used, but i would still have the same problem how would you model up the corner in revit (unfortunately I don't have the option of going to a supplier for a family component)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK81 View Post
                    @Dave it is also possible to do the parapet in one segment for each run "in real life" but it takes a bit of tidying on site to get the corner right. In some cases a custom fabricated corner is used, but i would still have the same problem how would you model up the corner in revit (unfortunately I don't have the option of going to a supplier for a family component)
                    maybe in your business you can rely on a "tidy up on site" but in my business I detail all of these parts and pieces ahead of time. Not that your way is wrong, just different than mine. My customers would have a kitty if they got to the job site and at the corner of two parapet caps and didn't have the proper fabricated corner to fix the transition.
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment