MEP Elements on Workset "Project Info"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEP Elements on Workset "Project Info"

Found an odd issue today in a project. There are 9 MEP elements on a built-in Revit workset called "Project Info" (see screenshots). When you select the objects and go to the properties, it shows only the Project Info workset and won't let me switch to another workset. Anyone seen this before and have a solution for moving the elements to a user created workset?

Project_Info_Workset_1.png

Project_Info_Workset_2.png

Project_Info_Workset_3.png
    Troy Gates - Director of Design Technology
    KTGY Group, Inc - http://twitter.com/troygates

I call bug.

Can you not copy > delete > activate the correct workset > paste?

Comment

I have seen this many times with elements ending up on view worksets. Never with Project Info though. Clipped from an Autodesk Model Health check.
      "Method 1:
       Within a 3D view isolate the objects by shutting off all user created worksets within the visibility graphics, this will isolate and reveal model objects that are set to a view workset.
       Create a temporary workset called “Temp”. Turn the workset off.
       Select all the corrupt objects, make them editable and reassign them in the Instance properties to the Temp workset. These objects will turn off because all the user defined worksets are off.
       Within the visibility graphics, turn the Temp workset on. If the objects reappear, this procedure has been sucessful.
       Re-designate the model component objects to the correct workset.
      Method 2
      In the worst case if these objects do not change over to user defined Workset, apply the following:
       Create a new workset such as “Structural Columns”
       Within a 3D view isolate the objects by shutting off all user created worksets within the visibility graphics, this will reveal model objects that are set to a view workset
       Create a temporary workset called “Temp”. Turn the workset off.
       With the Temp workset active, select the corrupt object, copy to clipboard, and paste align to same location.
      o This procedure forces Revit to recreate the object utilizing the source family already available in the database, and places them in the Temp workset.
       Select and delete corrupt data.
       Re-designate the fixed model components to the correct workset.

Comment

I'm interested to hear if this fixes the problem. In the past we've always had to consider sending the file to Autodesk to have the worksets disabled. We now have the option to do that ourselves so it's a bit more viable. Disabling worksharing should fix the problem but you'll have to create the worksets again and move everything to the correct workset. Sigh; that's gonna be a lot of work on a large project!
        Bruce McCallum
        Principal
        Next Architecture

Comment

I'll let you know next week. The project just hit 95% CD last week and most of the team is on vacation this week trying to recover.
          Troy Gates - Director of Design Technology
          KTGY Group, Inc - http://twitter.com/troygates

Comment

We just ran into this again but with a twist. This time the element that got stuck on a view workset was a linked .dwg file. None of the tricks worked and the only thing I could suggest was to delete the element and relink it. This was probably for the best anyway because the file had been linked into a view and then copied around in the model so there were five instances of it. Our prescribed method is to link the .dwg on it's own workset that is OFF by default. Then you just turn the workset on in the views that you want to see it in.

Comment