Revit Server 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Server 2021

I recently discovered that Revit Server 2021 is only compatible with Windows Server 2019. And Revit Server 2020 (and earlier versions) are only compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2.

This means we may have to run a Windows Server 2012 R2 for earlier versions of Revit Server, and a separate Windows Server 2019 for Revit Server 2021 and later. Is this accurate? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
    Tony Perez @Twitter
    Senior Structural Designer
    Tesla Gigafactory - Austin

Originally posted by Knitro87 View Post
    I recently discovered that Revit Server 2021 is only compatible with Windows Server 2019. And Revit Server 2020 (and earlier versions) are only compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2.

This means we may have to run a Windows Server 2012 R2 for earlier versions of Revit Server, and a separate Windows Server 2019 for Revit Server 2021 and later. Is this accurate? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
    I hadnt come across that yet, but... while unsupported, you can edit the install INI of Revit Server to remove the Operating System Check. Its something i had to do when i wanted to install Revit Server on Windows 10 (which works). I havent verified it still works in 2021, but im reasonably sure it will.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I heard the same thing from my manager.

Comment

Hi,
        I had issues installing Revit server on a Win Server 2012.
        If you try to use the Revit hole package it will not work. Use the individual install file from here

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/es/su...rver-2021.html

You can also find the 2022 version

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/es/su...rver-2022.html

The link my take you the Spanish web version. Don't worry the installer can be changed to English.

Cheers

[email protected]
        www.revitmep.es
        linkedin twitter

Comment