Linking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking question

We have a project where we would like to automatically share the latest published model. So essentially publishing at the end of the week and then have that automatically be available to the extended project team. Is the solution just to have the consultants have access to the architectural folder in Document Management and not have them as members on the actual Design Collaboration module team?

Usually we've just packaged the models, but this is sort of in between the linking scenarios that I can find online in different BIM360 courses and videos.

Looking at the design collaboration teams, it looks like the consultants have been added automatically. This obviously means that they can see all changes when we synchronize to central and the link is reloaded.

So I guess there's no way around it but to make a package at the end of each week, or to upload a new version of the model to the shared folder for people who are not working with cloud workshared models.

Comment

from my limited knowledge of using BIM360 for a few years (others correct me if I'm wrong please)

When you Issue a Package....
      It automatically copies what's in your package to your Shared Folder (so people that don't consume can link it in from there)
      If you have Consultant that consume, it copies what's in the package in your Shared folder, into there own consumed folder, and that's where they should link it from
      So using the package tool will automatically make it available to either method
      d.stairmand
      Last edited by d.stairmand; January 15, 2022, 01:09 AM.
      Dwane

Comment

Yes
        d.stairmand
        d.stairmand , those are the normal workflows. But I had a guy saying that he was on a project (not our account) where they could see the changes when they published from Revit - without creating a package or being on the team (which would make them able to see synchronized changes). I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't losing my mind.

Comment

Na your not loosing your mind...just seeing all the ins-an-outs of BIM360

To get that workflow like outlined, that guy is "Live Linking" the others Models....that can be a permissions nightmare
          d.stairmand
          Last edited by d.stairmand; January 18, 2022, 11:19 AM.
          Dwane

Comment