Maintaining Facility Revit Models From Construction Project As-Builts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining Facility Revit Models From Construction Project As-Builts

How are companies maintaining a facility “record model” when multiple construction projects are being completed to that facility, and completed facility modifications need to be as-built back into the “record model”?

We do, for specific clients that ask us to.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Twice,

Could you elaborate on how you carry out this service?

We have this exact situation on a project I am just beginning and would love to avoid some mistakes you've learned from if possible!

Cheers

Comment

Thats a bit of an open ended question. Why dont you list out specific questions you have, and i can answer?
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Right you are:

I have been supplied with an As-Built/Record model and tasked with updating it to suit the latest construction project which has been carried out on this building. I have taken to adding in the new services and removing those that couldn't possibly be there if the new services were to be installed (I have been supplied with As Built drawings of the work in question).

I will be speaking to my client and their subcontractor who carried out the installation and produced the drawings to which I am working - can you relate any of your projects to mine? If so - were there are any issues you found that you could have avoided with hindsight?

Comment

Apologies, but again: You are asking way open ended questions trying to "catch all," and thats not very practical.

But FWIW, i wouldnt EVER work that way ('removing stuff that cant possibly be there if the new stuff is there'). Unless i got actual drawings or actual scans or images saying what was removed, i wouldnt remove something from a model.

Comment

Fair enough

Comment