Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving License Manager (to a Revit Server)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving License Manager (to a Revit Server)?

So we've an "eggs-in-one-basket" kind of network - 1 physical server per location - doing EVERYTHING. There's little point in telling me this is silly - it's just how it is.

Yesterday one of our servers was being flakey (in location 1) and today, the other server (location 2) fell over and played dead for the most part of the day.

As such we've lost a fair amount of time already this week - and it's only Tuesday. :banghead: Let's move on...

We ARE in the process of getting some new hardware to run a Revit Server in each location - and I'm thinking (if it's possible) it might make sense to install the license manager on them - if only to alleviate (an albeit small) overhead from the main server(s).

Can this be done? Should it be done?

Should work ok. FlexLM uses very little resources and shouldn't interfere with Revit Server.
    Troy Gates - Director of Design Technology
    KTGY Group, Inc - http://twitter.com/troygates

Comment

Originally posted by troygates View Post
      Should work ok. FlexLM uses very little resources and shouldn't interfere with Revit Server.
      It wasn't so much a resource issue, more of a "how does FlexLM actually work on a network" kind of worry.

You see I'm not that savvy when it comes to server-level functions, and since we've always had our license server(s) installed at the very heart of our server(s) - I've always been wary of tampering with it, not really knowing how it communicates with users/domain/etc...

Perhaps it's time I use some of that service contract I've got with our reseller.

Comment