Just started C4R process - Save Local Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started C4R process - Save Local Help

Can you tell me where the local is stored after opening the model as stored in the cloud? The file name at top of my Revit is still indicating as Central file name. I think I'm missing something here.

Cloud models don't get appended with your user name. If you go to sync and the central model location indicates "BIM 360" it's set up right. With C4R you don't need to interact with the local files at all.

Edit: And welcome to the forum!
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

I see that when I use "Manage Cloud Models", it shows me the different versions when you have sync-ed to Central file and by whom did the sync-ed. Is that stored in the cloud model? How do I retrieve older version?

Comment

This from Knowledge Base at Autodesk

As mentioned in the other reply, the process is meant to be more opaque between central/local files, just work/sync repeat. Files are meant to be less relevant or important in the C4R context.
        Last edited by Steve_Stafford; November 22, 2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

In C4R you need to start exploring the "publish" feature. It allows "versioning". In addition to the webinterface/collaboration ability it allows you to go back and review any version. Unlimited storage on the C4R cloud opens up this possibility.
          Brian Beck
          Project Coordinator - Stantec
          http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-beck/4b/57a/332

Comment

Originally posted by Dive_Syko View Post
            In C4R you need to start exploring the "publish" feature. It allows "versioning". In addition to the webinterface/collaboration ability it allows you to go back and review any version. Unlimited storage on the C4R cloud opens up this possibility.
            This publish feature in the cloud is pretty cool. It allows project architect and client see the progress too. Thanks for mentioning that feature.

Comment