Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C4R Subscription Enforcement Starts October 19th

All,
    As part of our efforts to avoid disruption amongst teams cloud worksharing in C4R, we wanted to post here to alert you all that we will restart enforcement of C4R subscription entitlement next Thursday, October 19th. Any Autodesk IDs without "Collaboration for Revit" allocated in manage.autodesk.com will be unable to browse or open cloud workshared Revit models.

The current lack of entitlement enforcement is a reaction to a defect in our entitlement back end, which was causing users with valid entitlement losing C4R access. We chose to shut off entitlement enforcement until we were confident that paid subscribers couldn't lose access. We are now confident that this cannot happen, and are executing our communication plan to minimize disruption when we re-enable the entitlement enforcement. If you or members of your team are cloud worksharing without entitlement, you likely received an email September 19th, and again this past week.

If you want to continue cloud worksharing, you need to work with your Autodesk or reseller sales partner to obtain subscription, or purchase a subscription on our eStore.

If you do not want to continue cloud worksharing, you can, before October 19th:

1. Open the project models from C4R and do a Save As and to detach and bring the models local.

2. Publish the project models to BIM 360 Team, and then download them from the website.

Please feel free to post here with any questions, as we are here to help ahead of this important deadline.

-Kyle
    Director
    Building Design Strategy

We have a subscription, and all our people working on C4R have licences, but it's possible that consultants who have access to the project don't. Is there any way to tell if anyone has been accessing the models doesn't have entitlements?

P.S. Thanks for the clearer description of the issue! The emails that were sent out didn't have a good description of who was affected and caused some confusion.
    Last edited by jmk; October 16, 2017, 11:07 PM. Reason: P.S.
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

There is no way for you to figure it out before Thursday. However, if you'd like to know, send me a private message with the email domains of the Consultants you're working with.
      Director
      Building Design Strategy

Comment

Unfortunately, we are taking down all eight of our current projects on C4R, because not all of our staff and consultants have a license. Some of them are in their trial period. Our reseller told us that it will take at least a week to update all licences and therefore we will ditch C4R for now.

Comment

Kyle,
          thanks for posting here, and clarifying. I'm glad we can help get the word out to affected RFO members. Now, I just hope I can pay for a month today, and still be working tomorrow!

Gordon
          Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew P View Post
            Unfortunately, we are taking down all eight of our current projects on C4R, because not all of our staff and consultants have a license. Some of them are in their trial period. Our reseller told us that it will take at least a week to update all licences and therefore we will ditch C4R for now.
            Trials provide a proper, albeit time-limited, entitlement, and will not be effected by the pending change.

Sorry to see you go for now, and we look forward to having you back.

-Kyle
            Director
            Building Design Strategy

Comment

For our company, even the most expensive c4r single user monthly rate costs about 1/2 an hour of our regular hourly charge out rate. And that's after converting to weaker Aussie dollars. I'd say that's pretty good value. Our consultants, even if they charged half what we do per hour (which they don't, sometimes it's higher) would pay for their monthly usage in a single hour.
              Possibly due to our scale (still a very med. size business with 180ish staff in Aus.) I do start to see value in the product for us plus we also have around 50 seats in our Asian office. Having said that, we don't use c4r yet as we have other organisational issues to fix first...I'm going through an autodesk licensing audit right now for around 130 workstations (I can't believe what I'm finding lol).
              I'd be interested in some real world (Australian) case studies if any exist, to help coerce management.
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
                I'd be interested in some real world (Australian) case studies if any exist, to help coerce management.
                Check out this case study.

-Kyle
                Director
                Building Design Strategy

Comment

Update: As of 5:20pm EST on 10.19.2017 the entitlement check is enabled.
                  Director
                  Building Design Strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    Update: As of 5:20pm EST on 10.19.2017 the entitlement check is enabled.
                    1st attempt to access project via BIM 360 Team with C4R locked up my R2016 and gave me this

2nd attempt opened the BIM 360 Team dialog but clicking on my project gave me this

fortunately I was just testing the access and don't have to depend on C4R this afternoon to make some money...I'm hoping this is just due to Everyone testing access??
                    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment