Revit Server Support Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Server Support Files

Any Revit Server gurus able to help trouble shoot something? We have been experiencing crazy long save times with revit server. I think it has something to do with really large "support files" It used to be they would be fairly small or relative to the work done. But now even if I just move an object I can 200mb support files. Any ideas?revit server.jpg
    Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Here are some things to try to reduce the extraordinary synch times. I'm assuming this affects all models?

1) make sure all of the Windows updates have run on host and accelerator servers. Even if you don't have Windows updates to run, reboot all the servers.
    2) create new central models on Revit Server. Make sure you have removed all the local models on each of the workstations.
    3) make sure there are no dead file links to DWG, RVT, etc. Ideally, all linked files should have the same adressing: FQDN, mapped drive, etc.
    4) make sure that everyone has identical rsn.ini files, especially that you are not mixing DNS, IP and server names for the Revit Server. Make sure the rsn.ini is also the same on the host and accelerator servers.
    5) make sure all of the workstations have the same version build.
    Last edited by Markus; January 25, 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you!!!
      Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

I would have someone check the HD space, and the log file locations on the Accelerators themselves. Those things were being monitored and periodically cleaned out, once upon a time. There used to be an issue with the Logs folders on those accelerators running the HD's on those servers near-out-of space.

It also may be the case that the machines with the very long sync times ARENT USING the Accelerator. Revit Server WILL FUNCTION if they arent connected to the accelerator, but itll be as slow as Revit across the WAN. Open Revit and clock Connect to an Accelerator, and make sure they have the correct accelerator, and a GREEN CHECK BOX. If the wrong accelerator is listed, or if its a red x, itll run slow as molasses running uphill in February frost. This was being managed through Gordons scripts, once upon a time. Not sure how or if its being validated now. If there is a particular machine thats running really slow on syncs to RS, search that users journal files for Failover. I dont remember if that is still relevant terminology in the journals, but it used to, and it used to mean "no workie."
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment