C4R v6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C4R v6?

we are trying to get up the nerve to install C4R v6. Can I get some positive comments (or negative if there are any) regarding this upgrade from those using C4R
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Dave,
    As a general rule, it's always recommended to update to the latest C4R client addon. It contains the latest performance optimizations and stability fixes.

-Kyle
    Director
    Building Design Strategy

Comment

Everyone on C4R here are at V6...
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Thanks Kyle and Michael. I've been on vacation for a few days and we're going to take the leap tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The last few versions of C4R have required an updated build of Revit. It's been my experience that all team members working on a project should be on the same build. It's not a big deal for the small handful of us working on a C4R project to update Revit, but requiring an update with every C4R release office wide is a much more involved task and likely to be met with some resistance with the IT staff.

I'd certainly push for an office wide standard that all installs are on the latest release (R1, R2,...), but is it acceptable to have a disparity between Web Updates for those of us working on C4R and network based projects? I think most staff is on WU1/R2 while we're up to WU5.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by kingjosiah View Post
            The last few versions of C4R have required an updated build of Revit. It's been my experience that all team members working on a project should be on the same build. It's not a big deal for the small handful of us working on a C4R project to update Revit, but requiring an update with every C4R release office wide is a much more involved task and likely to be met with some resistance with the IT staff.

I'd certainly push for an office wide standard that all installs are on the latest release (R1, R2,...), but is it acceptable to have a disparity between Web Updates for those of us working on C4R and network based projects? I think most staff is on WU1/R2 while we're up to WU5.

Jon
            thanks for the input Jon! We are all on the same Revit build so that's not an issue for us. We upgraded to C4R v6 this morning just before I did my weekly link uploads to A360. In the past, the three linked files which are a total size of just under 2GB would take 4+ hours to upload and create the local cached copies. This morning that process took less than 1/2 hour which I can only attribute to the v6 update. Good on ya Adesk!

Comment