Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link a Autocad file

Hello,

I seriously need some help cause i am looking for a solution for several days. I have a revit model and then i want to link an autocad file by shared coordinates. When i do it it places it so far away from the point that i cannot even find it. I understood that revit "doesn't like" to have hatches, block and text so I deleted them and still nothing happened. I don't know what else could I do. I need some assistance.
    I need to add that i am working with extremely large files for lanscape project.

Someone else correct me if I am wrong but shared coordinates are only for linking other Revit also doesn't like extremely large (more than 20 miles) dwg files. Check your WCS and UCS in the cad file. Sometimes these coordinate systems can be WAY far out and bringing it back in closed will help. Also check the Z axis.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
      Someone else correct me if I am wrong but shared coordinates are only for linking other Revit also doesn't like extremely large (more than 20 miles) dwg files. Check your WCS and UCS in the cad file. Sometimes these coordinate systems can be WAY far out and bringing it back in closed will help. Also check the Z axis.
      Its not correct that Shared Coordinates are only for Revit files, no... But, it also wont work by Shared Coordinates unless the shared coordinates have already been established between the Revit model and the DWG.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
        Its not correct that Shared Coordinates are only for Revit files, no... But, it also wont work by Shared Coordinates unless the shared coordinates have already been established between the Revit model and the DWG.
        Well there ya go.
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          Also check the Z axis.
          Got burned on this once before, eh?
          Tannar Z. Frampton ™
          Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

The thing is that it was working like charm before and then we had to update autocad files and unfortunately it is not working anymore. The Shared coordinates have been established from the beggining.

Comment

Originally posted by landskab123 View Post
              The thing is that it was working like charm before and then we had to update autocad files and unfortunately it is not working anymore. The Shared coordinates have been established from the beggining.
              Maybe somebody can advise me what should be better to use in my case. I will need to somehow see those autocad cad files in the future so that i can transfer the whole project to Revit. And there is also the thing that I am a Revit user and I know very little unfortunately about Autocad but I try to catch up so if you could explain more detailed the Autocad part I would be grateful.

Thanks

Comment