X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[All Verticals] - use offset when drawing beams

Applies to: - All Verticals

New Feature / Problem:
    When you place a wall, there is this very handy tool to give a certain offset: Example: 35 mm from the face of the wall to the grid.

It would be nice if you can use it for structural framing as well.

Why do you need this Feature / Why is it a Problem:
    Know you can choose for center, side 1 of side 2. That´s fine. But if the beam is a certain distance from the center or from a certain reference, then you have to place to beam and change it later by move or offset. It would be better to do this directly.

Workflow:
    see above

Benefits:
    For more effencient and accurate modelling

Attachment comments:

Still thinking that you're focussing on doing it all on the mm accurate in once. Revit doesn't work that way. Changing this one (or any of the others) doesn't change the fact that the software is designed differently.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I do not agree, for walls,floor boundaries, roof boundaries, lines etc, you can use this offset, so why not for beams?

Comment

Agreed, they can loose it for walls too, lol...

Seriously: I don't see the upside. Cause if a beam has to be 35mm from a certain point I will always dimension and lock it. So I don't see myself loosing time:

Beam > Rough placement > Dimension > click the dimension > enter correct value > lock
        Beam > select offset > enter value > place > dimension > click dimension > lock.

It's just not faster...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment