• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[All Verticals] - Automatic boundary creation

Applies to: - All Verticals

New Feature / Problem:
    Starting from
    http://revitforum.org/showthread.php...Like-ceilings)
    I think we can really use the idea of automatic boundary creation as a method for everything we need... and of course the region...
    Just like in ACAD when you pick the internal point and the hatch boundary is created.
    Another really nice feature would be to make
    So, ceilings, floors, regions...even in-place solids, should use the automatic boundary creation.

Why do you need this Feature / Why is it a Problem:
    Mostly for regions and floors but I think there will be other cases too.

Workflow:
    Just start the command and at the boundary creation method (line, rectang, arc etc...) we can find a new icon that will simply ask for a point and probably a workplane or a level and we can have a set of boundary lines.

Benefits:
    Speed and accuracy

Attachment comments:
    Revit Architecture - 3ds MAX Design - Octane Render - and many working hours...

I'm sorry, but this is not a big deal for me. Mainly because we have such a tool, the pick walls command. With this command, and the use of the tab key you can get very far down the road. Besides that, automatic creation of ceilings tends to fail quite often with me for reasons I can't find.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I too never use the automated placement tools, and seldom use the pick wall tool, I think the only time I do is when I'm doing a quick dirty mockup model for some study exercise or other. Perhaps I'm making more work for myself, but I just like to feel in control of my interventions.

Comment