Programmable Mouse Button Shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programmable Mouse Button Shortcuts

I was sitting here trying to remember which shortcuts I had on my previous mouse with programmable buttons so that I can get my new Logitech G700 up to speed. I wanted a place to post them so I can remember them the next time I have to reprogram. This is not a place for you to post your shortcuts or suggest to other users which shortcuts to program into their mouse, so don't even think about it. Mine and only mine!... :beer:
    • G1: Left
    • G2: Right
    • G3: MMB
    • G4: Ctrl+Left (Previous Selection)
    • G5: Shift + Ctrl (Mouse Only Multi Select)
    • G6: Shift + Ctrl + Tab (Previous Window)
    • G7: Ctrl + Tab (Next Window)
    • G8: Battery Check
    • G9: <Unassigned>
    • G10: Window Tile Macro
    • G11: Switch Mouse Profile
    • G12: Zoom All Macro
    • G13: DPI Loop

*Enjoy!*
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

You do realize you have 5 digits on one hand you have have more then 13 buttons you can push. just sayin
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

If you drive a standard, you have 3 pedals to push and 2 feet. The alternative would be to pop the center console, open the transmission casing and manually move into the next gear... just sayin
      .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Originally posted by revittotd View Post
        If you drive a standard, you have 3 pedals to push and 2 feet. The alternative would be to pop the center console, open the transmission casing and manually move into the next gear... just sayin
        Hey some of us cant afford to buy a clutch and shift linkage. Plus I have an automatic.
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by revittotd View Post
          Logitech G700
          I was watching the link you provided, and suddenly an aha-erlebnis popped: that's the mouse I'm holding right now! And to be honest, it never crossed my mind to preset all those buttons. Will try though. :beer:
          Arjan Ikink, BIM-engineer at PHB Deventer
          LinkedIn

Comment

hey Revittotd,
            I needed to replace my old Logitech Revolution so bought a G700 and it arrived yesterday. I installed the Setpoint 6.32 software this morning and plugged the USB receiver in an off I went...sort of. Can't seem to get rid of the side scrolling on the wheel which I hate. Set up a profile for Revit and changed the left and right scrolls to Do Nothing, and that's what it did, do nothing. Also can't Shift Press Wheel orbit any longer. In Acad I can no longer enter commands at the command line which is probably a subject for another forum. Anyway I just wondered if you had any problems with your G700 when you first got it, are you using SP 6.32, and do you have any tips for me to get this mouse up and running? Thanks for any input.

edit: never mind, something was wrong with the initial SP driver installation. I uninstalled and reinstalled and I've got my normal mouse functions back. Now to figure out how to program all of these cute little buttons
            Dave Jones
            "I am NOT a Revit tutor!"
            Last edited by Dave Jones; December 17, 2011, 09:23 PM. Reason: problem solved
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

I have to say, I'm liking the setup, especially select previous and Next/Prev windows. I do find myself still using the keyboard to add to the selection. Overall I'm pretty happy with the mouse and the setup I have.

Comment

Ahh....we do have the same mouse....yours looks a bit different than mine though....

So I have one button setup on mine so far...and that is for TeamSpeak...bummer part is, even though I have it programmed for something it still thinks its also the Back Button for IE... :banghead:
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

If only I could use my very old (midi interface) Thrustmaster F16 Hotas set in Revit!
                  Gonçalo Feio
                  "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

I couldn't imagine having all those buttons programmed and not have the Tab key on there. That's the only key I have programmed on my G500. But you've got me wanting the G700 now...thanks!

If I had that mouse, I'd try out Shift/Ctrl/Tab as their own separate buttons. Maybe G4-Ctrl, G6-Shift, and G8, 9, or 10(?)-Tab. But that might not work as well as I imagine.

Comment