Stadium Seating Theater Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stadium Seating Theater Videos

I put together a series of videos for a RevitCity.com member trying to figure out how to do a stadium seating style theater/auditorium in Revit. I'm posting my videos here as well.

Original thread: RevitCity.com | How do you make theater with revit architecture 2011
    1. http://gibsonhh.info:8081/revit/vide...ter_Floors.swf
    2. http://gibsonhh.info:8081/revit/video/Theater_Walls.swf
    3. http://gibsonhh.info:8081/revit/vide...ter_Stairs.swf
    4. http://gibsonhh.info:8081/revit/vide...r_FloorMod.swf
    5. http://gibsonhh.info:8081/revit/video/Theater_Misc.swf

Feel free to ask any questions. The videos assume you are familiar with basic Revit commands such as Floors, Arrays, Stairs and how to manipulate their parameters.
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Might I suggest making these in WMV, AVI or at least FLV.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

You may suggest whatever you wish. However, if you are unable to view flash files, might I suggest buying a computer made in the last 10 years?

SWF is a product of Jing, and it's not exactly my top choice, but it's what I'm stuck with.
      .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Carl, those folks with iPads (made in the last 10 years) also don't have Flash. But they do tend to be good customers to have I hear, they don't always want everything for free.
        Bummer that Jing is still stuck in the last decade, HTML5 is the streaming format for the new decade, not the old one. :hide:

But seriously, I wonder who is doing reasonable hosting, even free ad supported hosting, and offers non Flash streaming. I hate youTube, just too much junk and a totally non professional look to everything. Vimeo maybe, but I don't know what the costs associated are, and their focus is on creative video, rather than training video, so not sure that is even an option.

Gordon
        Last edited by Gordon Price; November 5, 2011, 12:33 AM.
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

So I should cater to this percentage of my "customers"?

People with Android devices can view them, and I'm tempted to say that they were also made within the last decade. HTML5 is not a streaming format; it is an encapsulation device for video codecs, kinda like how DWF is just a ZIP file, not the actual model. You can't play a RevitTutorial.html5 file.

Honestly, I'm up for suggestions on how to include you guys on the videos, but I don't see a whole lot of need to change the way I'm doing it for 1.2% of people who knowingly purchased a device that doesn't support a popular video format. :crazy:

I'm doing some research to see what I can do to switch over to an HTML5 option, but from what I'm reading that requires 2 versions of each video so that both my pc and mac people can be happy... this makes me not as happy

:beer:

Comment

Hahah.. I just realized that according to this thread.. "The 1%" are all mac owners xD

Comment

Its still not a one size fits all thing for video playback. I had a few reasons why you might want to provide either a web player or a different playback format. Some people cant, or dont know how to play a SWF file after downloading.

I use a codec installer call 007 Codec Pack. This is IMO by far the best codec pack ever. W7 only though.

People could use players like VLC to play back the files as well.

It is fairly simple to use a video converter like Xilosoft to convert it to a MPEG format and provide a native html playback.

Again this is all my opinion. I really like your videos.
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Its all SWF here as well. heck, our Company portal doesnt work on Macs, and half the managing directors have Macs and ipads. Fine with me, as long as they dont need to learn from me, lol.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I use Jing to record videos because it's inexpensive and it limits me to five minutes, don't want to drone on too long. The paid version allows me to save to MP4 format for You Tube and .swf for its native view at Screencast. I find the .swf format plays fine in my browser (Firefox) as long as I browse to the folder to open the video, instead of double clicking the file.

Comment

Just in case that someone feels like going beyond the 5 minute limitation of the free version of Jing, there´s a cool little opensource app. called CamStudio, which allows you to record as much as you want in .avi format - Then, if you want to make it public, as on YouTube, it's easily done with the (in Windows) built in Windows Live Movie Maker (Which again, would require a Windows "Live" account")

I'm pretty sure that's how I made this video.

And just in case that you want to share videos, without creating your own YouTube account - All RFO members are welcomed to upload to the RFO channel at YouTube - Just give me (or one of the other Admins) a shout thru a PM, if you've got a video that you'd like to share.

(If you're on a mac, you'll be able to watch what ever video is uploaded, but you can't use the same steps to produce videos for the web)
                    Klaus Munkholm
                    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment