From 3ds max to revit without viewing triangles edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From 3ds max to revit without viewing triangles edges

This tutorial shows how to export complex models from 3ds max to revit solving the problem of viewing triangles edges. this is very usefull for layout, rendering and entourage in revit. this is great also for planifications and for projecting complex structures created in others softwares, like 3dsmax and autocad. (NO NEED FOR PLUGIN, this is about tips and techniques using usual softwares)

Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by pedroeron; November 5, 2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: Changes ALL CAPS!

I like it, great tip!

Comment

Very nice tip! But use only if absolutely necessary.
      Make Native Revit geometry if possible.
      Juan Carlos Moreno
      Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
      Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

I've got a quick addin that we wrote to convert 3DS Max geometry to native revit geometry in the conceptual mass environment. Comes in handy with this type of stuff...
        Chris Price
        Co Founder | BIM Manager | Product Designer | B.Arch (QUT)
        Xrev Revit API Add-ins | Revit Rants

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spot View Post
          I've got a quick addin that we wrote to convert 3DS Max geometry to native revit geometry in the conceptual mass environment. Comes in handy with this type of stuff...
          is this available free or with a price?

Comment

...so are you sharing or just teasing?
            There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

There are millions of nice models for MAX that we couldn't use... It takes a lot of time to make Revit content since many things like sofas, chairs, outdoor stuff don't need to be parametric...
              Revit Architecture - 3ds MAX Design - Octane Render - and many working hours...

Comment

So......how much, if it's for sale?

Comment

??? For sale???
                  It's just some tips using MAX,ACAD,Revit to make the transformation... it is not a plugin...
                  Revit Architecture - 3ds MAX Design - Octane Render - and many working hours...

Comment

Originally posted by JTB View Post
                    ??? For sale???
                    It's just some tips using MAX,ACAD,Revit to make the transformation... it is not a plugin...
                    the OP is a tutorial

...but that doesn't seem to be what Chris is saying here...

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment