Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post #101, so I don't know if anyone will ever get this far, but I've got another one to add.
    Took me a while to figure this one out.
    I had several Elevations where the Door Swings weren't showing on Cabinets.
    Nothing wrong with the family. Same family showed fine in other Views. Elevation Cut was in the right place. V/G was correct.
    In fact, other cabinets in the same View worked.
    I finally realized that the back wall of the room had been built in three pieces.
    Dropped in a few Angular Dimensions and bang! Turns out one of those three wall pieces was at 90.225 degrees instead of 90.000, and the cabinet was Aligned with that wall, so it wasn't exactly parallel to the View.
    Therefore the Symbolic Lines on the family weren't showing.

Not to start another argument, but guess how those walls were created?
    Yep, Pick Lines from a DWG. In this case, it wasn't a translation error, it was just typical sloppy CAD work.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
      Dropped in a few Angular Dimensions and bang! Turns out one of those three wall pieces was at 90.225 degrees instead of 90.000, and the cabinet was Aligned with that wall, so it wasn't exactly parallel to the View.
      Therefore the Symbolic Lines on the family weren't showing.
      Use model lines and the angle relative to the view doesn't matter Although at least here it allowed you find the error in the plan.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

I was made aware of this thread during a Boston User Group. Please Review this link I posted last year:

https://www.revitforum.org/third-par...eate-xray.html
        Richard W. Taylor, Assoc. AIA
        Technical Evangelist | Ideate Software
        Web: ideatesoftware.com
        Twitter: @Rwtaylor_Revit

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyB View Post
          #next. The object is a family item of one category but it contains a nested family item of another category and that category is hidden in the view.
          That one had my office stumped until they asked me to figure out what happened. 5 minutes later my role as Revit Guru was cemented. You guys can have your silly BIM Manager positions. I'm sticking with guru. It makes my inner geek happier
          ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

Comment

Ok maybe I have footnote to one...I finally figured out a user had eliminated the ACT material grid pattern that one would expect to see in the ceiling plan. So if a user manipulates a materials model pattern, the object will display, but will appear not there. Ughh...solved todays dilema after 2 hours.

Comment

The latest fun one was the revisions weren't showing up. Whoever was setting up the revisions had made them not visible. That one had me stumped for a good 10 minutes. Once that was figured out I let somebody else clean up the dozens of suddenly visible revision clouds. Not my project, not my problem anymore.
              Attached Files

Comment

I had a new one today. A opening in the middle of a wall that had nothing creating the opening. I cut and paste the wall into the same location and now there is a door. Weird but it worked. Anybody know what causes this?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidLarson View Post
                  The latest fun one was the revisions weren't showing up. Whoever was setting up the revisions had made them not visible. That one had me stumped for a good 10 minutes. Once that was figured out I let somebody else clean up the dozens of suddenly visible revision clouds. Not my project, not my problem anymore.
                  Dynamo that one! Manually going through and setting those is an epic fail. I also fail and don't remember where who I got the python from :hide: It was someone on the Dynamo forum but I don't recall who. Sorry.
                  Attached Files
                  Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
                  BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Thanks. I'll pass that along to my dynamo guy

Comment

#next: The object is an Architectural Column family that touches a Wall object, and the Wall category is hidden in the view.

Comment